shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity Band Help - Whiteflash vs. Signedpieces vs Exceldiamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stujin

Rough_Rock
All -

I am in another dilemma...decisions decisions. I am looking for a shared prong diamond eternity band to complement my fiancee''s gorgeous 1.51ct ideal cut 6 prong (superbcert) replica Tiffany engagement setting. She wants a shared prong e-band and I have quotes on three different ones (and of course I can not decide). I have read various posts comparing SP''s to Whiteflash, but I can''t find anyones opinion throwing in Barry''s diamonds at Exceldiamonds.

Obviously from reading PS, I trust all three vendors and I am sure all would be gorgeous. I am almost strictly buying on price with this ring...unless someone talks me out of one of the vendors mentioned.

I am looking to buy over the next day or two.

Please see details below on my three options (or provide details on other options you would consider):

Whiteflash:
Custom platinum diamond full eternity ring in size 7 with approximately 20 or 21 x 0.10ct aca diamonds to be set with shared prongs will be $3542. Special ideal cut F/G color and VS2/SI1 clarity aca melee diamonds

Signedpieces (FACETS):
http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=2735

22 Round Brilliant Diamonds, size 7, 2.11ct. tw. F-G color VVS-VS clarity $3671

Exceldiamonds:
http://www.exceldiamonds.com/Diamond-Rings--Bands-6/Diamond--Gemstone-Eternity-Bands-20/Tiffany-Classic-Shared-Prong-Diamond-Eternity-Ring-431.html

950 Platinum - 20 melee diamonds (2.00 ct. total weight) size 7 all diamonds in F VS for $3450

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
you really can''t go wrong with any of these
so get the least expensive.

It''s going to compliment her ering beautifully

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with sevens one..I think you''d be happy with any of them so get the least expensive..

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I''m a true visual wh*re

here''s a whiteflash eternity but with 15 pt stones (yellowfan''s)
lorieternity.jpg

loriringcollage.jpg

and Flower12''s eternity band from Signed Pieces

newone.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2006 2:59:15 PM
Author: sevens one
I''m a true visual wh*re

Siiiigh, I''m so glad you love visuals Sevens! It means more pictures for the rest of us to look at!
9.gif

Stujin - I''m sure any of the three would be gorgeous with her ring!
1.gif

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Owning a Signed Pieces ring myself, and looking at the pics of Excel''s and Whiteflash''s rings (kindly provided by Nan), I think the WF is the closest setting to Tiffany. I believe Tiffany''s setting is a basket setting, and it looks like WF''s is too.

stujin

Rough_Rock
Looking at the file that Bob from Whiteflash sent me...it looks like it is different than the pictures posted above. Does the true Tiffany eternity band have a gap between the band and the bottom of the basket? It looks like it does in the pictures of the whiteflash ring above but the picture Bob sent me it does not (attahched below). What do you think?

19-3.08.jpg

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2006 3:21:28 PM
Author: stujin
Looking at the file that Bob from Whiteflash sent me...it looks like it is different than the pictures posted above. Does the true Tiffany eternity band have a gap between the band and the bottom of the basket? It looks like it does in the pictures of the whiteflash ring above but the picture Bob sent me it does not (attahched below). What do you think?
I just wrote the same thing above
9.gif
I think the true Tiffany ring does have the gap that you''re pointing out.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
you would have to be specific with the vendors whether you want a price quote with the basket style or without.

I love the basket style but it''s probably more pricey.

stujin

Rough_Rock
Now I am even more confused. I''m not sure if I like the basket style or not. Is the true Tiffany & Co. style a basket style for all of their eternity bands? I am almost certain this was not the case when my fiancee and I first went to the store to try on eternity bands. I''m confused. Thanks

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
the tiffany eternity band on their website is definitely a basket style.
It''s all about personal preference.

I have a basket style 7 stone band and an eternity without the basket style.
I love em both!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/8/2006 4:30:55 PM
Now I am even more confused. I''m not sure if I like the basket style or not. Is the true Tiffany & Co. style a basket style for all of their eternity bands? I am almost certain this was not the case when my fiancee and I first went to the store to try on eternity bands. I''m confused. Thanks
I believe the Tiffany eternity bands does have the basket type setting. I don''t think basket/non-baskets makes any difference visually. I personally think the basket style looks too busy on eternity bands since they are so thin. I have a signed pieces and I love it! But i''m sure the whiteflash and superbcerts are just as gorgeous! You really can''t go wrong with any of them.

stujin

Rough_Rock
thanks for the additional info....and thanks for point this out to everyone.

sevensone - Does the basket style make the diamonds sparkle more with the light being able to get behind the stones easier? I wasn''t for sure if that was the reasoning behind the gap. Thanks!

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2006 6:01:33 PM

sevensone - Does the basket style make the diamonds sparkle more with the light being able to get behind the stones easier? I wasn''t for sure if that was the reasoning behind the gap. Thanks!
An ideal cut diamond shouldn''t need light from behind. The light that enters from the top should be reflected back to your eyes.

It''s a matter of personal preference about the eternity band style. Personally, I''m not a fan of the basket styles.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/8/2006 6:01:33 PM

sevensone - Does the basket style make the diamonds sparkle more with the light being able to get behind the stones easier? I wasn't for sure if that was the reasoning behind the gap. Thanks!
No the basket style isn't going to make the diamond sparkle more. You ain't gonna "extra sparkles" through that little gap.

I would worry more about the thickness of the band. That's the part that you are going to feel between the fingers. The thicker the band, the less comfortable it is. If you are getting it custom made you might be able to ask the jeweler to make it slightly thinner. I think with melee, they can possibly add on a stone and make it thicker or possible remove 1 and make it thinner.Thicker bands also won't sit flush with e-ring. Not sure how much they can vary with 10 pointers though. 1 stones is a big difference in size.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Tiffany bands do have a basket setting. I have one and also own an eternity band from SP. I think it''s a matter of preference. Both syles are beautiful and the basket isn''t going to make the stones sparkle any more or less.
2.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
what''s your preference?

Basket?

104_0493%20(5).JPG

Or Without?

setetrng.jpg

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
I was in Tiffany''s a few days ago and they definately do have the non-basket style eternity also.
(my personal preference is the non-basket style b/c i also feel that the baskets make it look too busy)

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
My preference is with basket!
Just wanted to point out that that eternity band sounds lovely, but will be pretty big. I''d be sure to try some on and make sure she likes the look of it with her e-ring. I''d also be concerned about the thickness (not width) being higher than the e-ring - just try some one to be sure that''s OK! I like that SP puts the thickness on their site. That was a problem I had when I was searching for a band with my orig setting.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i ask WF to make my wife's 5 stone ring with a basket setting. i would prefer a thinner basket so i can see more of the pavil from the side plus,it would be easier to clean.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/8/2006 7:22:15 PM
Author: gailrmv
My preference is with basket!
Just wanted to point out that that eternity band sounds lovely, but will be pretty big. I''d be sure to try some on and make sure she likes the look of it with her e-ring. I''d also be concerned about the thickness (not width) being higher than the e-ring - just try some one to be sure that''s OK! I like that SP puts the thickness on their site. That was a problem I had when I was searching for a band with my orig setting.
Don''t trust the thickness SP posts on their site. It definitely varies! It really depends on your exact size. I bought a 7.5 pointer eternity band from them. The first one they sent me had 22 stones and it was loose on me and was really thick!
I asked them remake a new one for me that was less than half a size difference, but this one turned out to be 21 stones a really thin (and comfortable). I guess 1 stone makes more than half a size difference so they had to adjust be adding more metal or shaving it off.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, the open basket is a huge crud trap on eternity rings. I went with the closed-gallery look on my shared-prong ring for that reason. There''s not really enough room to get under there and clean as you would a normal stone.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2006 8:38:01 PM
Author: aljdewey
Honestly, the open basket is a huge crud trap on eternity rings. I went with the closed-gallery look on my shared-prong ring for that reason. There''s not really enough room to get under there and clean as you would a normal stone.
are you kidding? With this crowd?
9.gif
Between Dancing Fire and Kaleigh- they''ve got every cleaning gadget on the market!
35.gif

pitterpat7

Rough_Rock
Can anyone share how high the Tiffany basket-style ring is? I tried it on at the store and didn''t think it was higher than maybe 2.5mm, but the jewelery I''m considering says they can only make it at 3.5mm, so it''s significantly higher than I thought. Can anyone share, please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results