shape
carat
color
clarity

Estate VC restoration

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Hello PS :wavey:
I found an estate Van Craeynest ring in my exact size and the orange blossom flowers need to be restored because one or more of the petals are chipped:( I called VC and they said they would have to saw off the blossom and create a new one and it will be labor intensive and could not quote me until they have the piece in hand. They have stated that nothing has changed since relocating, would you make the purchase or not? Thank you in advance.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have a picture of the flow with the chip?

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Gypsy,
I tried to save the picture, but the site does not allow me to do so.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It would depend on the price. Their restorations can run $800 or more these days, according to a pal who got a ring refurbished. If the vintage band is that much off retail or more, awesome! If not ... if it's an extant model, I'd suggest going retail or continuing the hunt.

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Circe,
It just happen to be size I was not even looking for it, I believe it is the 457. It is this one here in two tone with the matching wedding band, a flower on both the ring and band seem to need restoring:(

_22627.jpg

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Hi sonyachancs :wavey:
I did not end up purchasing the set because of the cost to restore the blossoms $800 each and more than one of the Orange blossoms were chipped:( The set had been listed on langantiques website. :cry:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a sad shame that this ring was damaged! I would be sooo super protective if I had a VC e-ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results