shape
carat
color
clarity

Estate valuation of colored diamond collection?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

c langston

Shiny_Rock

I am new here but I have been a lurker for a while. I''ve been a casual collector of color diamonds for the past *cringe* 45 years. Over the years especially the earliest stones that I collected, the certifications, sales reports, reports that were not in English, have for the most part been misplaced. I''m not kidding when I say I have a small fishing tackle box to hold my collection (yes, it is in a safe).

The early pieces were mostly small pink and yellow diamonds, they were in economy ranges from VS2 to SI2. I landed my first 1. true chameleon (base color is yellow not green) in Hong Kong about 30 years ago. I’m positive a few of the diamonds are heat treated but I have never knowing purchased a stone that has been clarity enhanced. I’ve always just picked up what pleased me at the time and most were purchased overseas.

I’m sure none of the stones individually would be considered highly valuable, but over the years the pile has grown . It unnerves me to think of handing over the lot to an appraiser, but I really need to have appraisals done. Then I’m not familiar with anyone at a local level that is trained in evaluating colored diamonds in the NE Florida area.

I’m in need of some guidance here, how does one find a GIA or other reputable appraiser to certify these color diamond pieces? I’d be open to a private referral, can you please get me pointed in the right direction? I assume that an estate valuation for insurance purposes will be the most economical way to go, can I get your thoughts on this as well?

Thanks in advance for any information,

connie

c langston

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, I do like that he is not a "retail" source that could be a point of conflict.

I appreciate you posting the link to his professional background and specialties.

c

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results