shape
carat
color
clarity

engagement ring Tanzanite... want seperate wedding ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cait

Rough_Rock
Hello Im new and cant post my pictures??!!anyway Ill work it out soon enough.

My ring is a custom 2.6 Emerald cut Tanzanite with 4 small diamonds on either side in white gold. It''s really beautiful and I always wanted something that I wouldnt see on anyone elses hand. But Im in a dilemma, I need a seperate wedding ring as I am so afraid now for my tanzanite and I want to keep it as a ''dress ring'' and wear it when Im going out. This means I cant get a w.ring made to fit around it as it would look weird alone if my engagement ring was in the drawer!

So I need advice on a wedding ring, I like white gold/platinum and want something that is a band but I dont want to sacrifice the sparkle ... so I want diamonds. Yet I dont want to look like Im eternally engaged.....oooh! it''s an impossible situation as my budget is 1,300 Dollars (1000 EUROS) and I live in europe (Austria) where everything is more expensive and I''m scared of buying online.

ANY suggestion?

cait

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your help Leonid (Administrator)
emotion-15.gif

Here''s my ring european style! Although the stone is a little more purply than that.

caitse_ring_1.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that''s a gorgeous ring!!! Yes, tanzanite is relatively fragile, so I would also be worried about wearing it all the time. Yours is bezel-set, though, so that should protect it.

As for the w-ring, I''d recommend just not worrying about how it will look and switching the e-ring over to your other hand when you''re married. That way you can still wear both rings--just one on each hand. I know a lot of people who, once married, wear the w-band and e-ring on separate hands.

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! I too would just wear them on different hands. And you can definitely get a diamond band for $1300. Check out some of the Pricescope vendors, I imagine they''d probably ship to Europe too.

cait

Rough_Rock
Thanks,

I too think that would be ok as in Austria your wedding ring goes on your right hand not your left, but my friends are giving me a hard time about it... are there any particular websites that I can really trust? and also any links for european sizes to American sizes you could recommend!

Thanks

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring and such a rich color!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results