shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement ring reset - finally starting

DiamondBaby

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to all the lovely PS'ers for help and views. I finally bitthe bullet and decided to go ahead with getting my ring reset!!

The setting has started, so I will see it in about a week with my extra diamonds, before the final touches are put to it.

So excited!!

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, I will look forward to seeing some photos when it's done.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woo-hoo! I'm excited for you, can't wait to see it! :appl:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You must be so excited!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry if I missed your details in a previous post, who are you woring with, and what are you doing?

How exciting!!

DiamondBaby

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ladies,

There was a lot of agonising over the style, but all out of my hands now. I hope to be able to get some pictures during the process!

TruLuv858, I have a 1.13ct solitaire, in a 6 claw platinum tiffany style band, with the band tapering in as it comes up to the shank. I was looking at doing a reset with a halo, so what I'm doing is a variation on that. My jeweller is putting 10 ten point diamonds around it, each one individually set. My big stone will be slightly higher than the surrounding ones.

We are able to reuse the platinum band, and will decide when I see the setting whether to put diamonds into that, but probably not.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting! I will be resetting my ring into a halo as well, it is a very fun process, even just the research portion! I look forward to reading about your progress! Good luck!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results