shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Diamond Ring HELP

harriet1234

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I need some help/thoughts/advise on a diamond I just bought for an engagement ring.

It is a 1.56 round brilliant cut diamond
J colour
VVS2
Excellent Cut
Excellent Symmetry
Excellent Polish
GIA graded

It scores 1.4 on the Holloway cut adviser.

I think the diamond really sparkles but I am nervous that it may appear yellow in some lights!
Also, I have seen people mention that diamonds can be the high end of a colour scale or the low end so i'm nervous it may be closer to a K!

I can probably only go up to an I in the colour chart and stay within budget for a similar size diamond but I wondered if I could tell the difference in the colour?

Any advise would be great as i am freaking out!!!
Thanks so much

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you ever seen in GIA/AGS well cut "J" colored stones. They usually will show a touch of color from the side but face up
pretty white. It is easier to see color in bigger stones. Everyone's color sensitivity is different. I think you'll have to see it.

harriet1234

Rough_Rock
so we saw a J colour diamond in debeers and other shops and were happy with the colour which is why we were happy to go this low on the colour scale. I have the diamond at home so I have been staring at it for a week now!! the problem is is that this is the first diamond we have bought so have nothing to compare it to so i'm just confused and its a lot of money to spend without a good knowledge of diamonds!!!

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
If you have the stone and love it, then I say keep it. I have a N and J colored stone that I love love love. I could see the tint in the N cushion easily but not in the mrb J.......that is until I bought a mrb F soooooo now I can see the HUGE difference!! But I still love my J. It is still white but not icy white.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results