shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Question...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emeraldseeker

Rough_Rock
What do you guys think of this??

1.33 Carats

6.86 X 5.57 1.24 LxW Ratio (my girlfriend likes them more squarish then long so i have been looking between 1.25ish and 1.35ish ratios)

Color: E
Clarity: VVS2
Depth: 67
Table: 62

Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: VG
Culet: None
Flou. None

Price: 8100
wacko.gif

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
If you give us more details (girdle thickness and crown height), we will be able to help you more.

Regards,

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No... it does not top the AGA chart for proportions, but it is darn close to that top. Brilliance is the best excuse for the extra 2% depth and whatever girdle and crown height might turn out to be - the cut proportions have no outstanding issues and takes light for quite a ride.

There are cheaper ECs out there (a run on PS gets prices below 7k leaving cut aside completely), maybe some with slightly larger face for the heft, but virtually none with better brilliance.

Other ECs with comparable grades and selected cuts - such as the Blue Nile Signature collection - come at even more and with no clear cut light return analysis.

Not much room for improvement in this piece, for even the harshest critique.
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The one way to beat the offer would be to get some optical analysis for some other stones with even more desirable proportions - less deep, for example. I do not expect allot of competition: a searh for 1.2-1.35cts D-F/ IF-VS1 grades and depth and table withing AGA's 1A class turned out four stones, two of which fit the desired proportions (1.2cts D-VS1 and 1.3cts, E-VS1). This 1.21cts F-VVS2 has some better chance to compete, I suppose. There is no guarantee these guys would aproach the optics of the GOG stone... I guess DCD or Whiteflash could hive you a hint (Iscope) about this one.

The whole amount of work to sort out wether there is a worthy contender among theose others seems to be worth judt going for the known winner, I would think
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results