shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Cut : Your opinions needed ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rubblerubble

Rough_Rock
First of all, thank you in advance for your response. I almost made a huge mistake buying a diamond. By visiting this site in the nick of time, I was saved.

So, shopping again I went and I *think* this is a fair deal.

Emerald Cut
Weight - .74
Measurement – 1.31 Ratio
Depth – 71.3%
Table – 70%
Girdle – Very Thin : Thin
Cutlet – None
Polish – Good
Symmetry – Good
Clarity – VS1
Color – H (but, when compared to a F or G, could not tell the difference)
Fluorescence – None

The asking price is an even $3,000. Seems reasonable to me, but what do I know? It is in a retail environment, and it is a nice looking stone, especially if I get it set in the white gold band I was looking at.

Thoughts?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Are you asking if it's a good deal or do you want a critique of the stone? It's a little bit pricey for an online stone, but I certainly don't think it's unreasonable for a B&M. At least, you're not being majorly gouged, I don't think. Have you looked at other ECs to make sure this has the look you want?

rubblerubble

Rough_Rock
Actually, I guess I'm looking for both.

I have looked at other ECs in my area and this has been by far the best deal I have received from 3 different retailers.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
It's actually rather difficult to tell if an EC is a great stone by numbers alone. Plus, it would be nice if we could get stats on the crown angle. The table and depth are somewhat larger than I'd like. If you can get something in the 60s that would be great, but even then there's no guarantee. However, if you need to buy locally and you've shopped around and that's all you can get you may have to settle for it. I'm sure she'll be thrilled no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results