shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cherij0411

Shiny_Rock
I have a 1.53 F color emerald cut. I don''t have all specs on me.

I am so disappointed in its lack of sparkly (as compared to rounds) I have always loved the emerald cut, but now that I have one I feel like the round cuts have so much more sparkle and beauty.

Also I feel like the size of mine looks small when compared to a round of the same size. Is this due to the different setting or just the general cut?

Also is there one cut that is more expensive over another cut?

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry about your disappointment.

In general, emerald cuts can be a bit deeper cut than rounds, and this might be why your stone looks smaller...we would need to see the specs to be sure.

Also, just the difference in the geometry of the stone's shape and/or setting compared to other stones/rings might make it seem smaller to you.

It's difficult to beat a well made round cut for brilliance, but the fancy shapes have their special appeals too...the emerald cut to my eye is very elegant.

Rounds are the most expensive/ct. followed by the fancy shapes...largely due to demand differences.

cherij0411

Shiny_Rock
Here are the specs

8.30x5.55x3.92mm

1.53 carats

Depth 70.6
Table 72%
Girdle Thin To Medium
Cutlet None

Polish very good
Symmetry Good

Clarity VS1
Color F

GIA 10433106

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results