shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald cut experts - need your opinions

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All,
I've come across an EC that I'm interested in but when researching EC's the percentage #'s are all over the place so I'm having a hard time figuring out which combo is best.

I need to be a bit vague but here are the details:
3.40 ct
10.13 mm x 7.58 mm x 4.84 mm (does this seem shallow?)
Polish/Sym are both VG
70% table
63.9% depth

Would love to get your thoughts. The vendor has a good return policy so I could always buy it and see for myself if it's a beautiful stone but thought I'd run the numbers by all of you first.

FYI - the background: I have a 1.54 asscher right now and am working on upgrading to a 3 ct + EC.

Thanks so much! :bigsmile:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
64% is not too shallow but that 70% table is likely to get you a glassy looking EC. Any pictures to confirm this?

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
II just googled ideal cut for emerald cut under google. I have a 3.66 very good cut emerald.

my diamond
3.6610.26x8.40x4.99
depth 59.4%
table 68%
thin girdle
very small girld
VG polish
vg symmetry
medium blue flouresence
H color
si1 (although has one tiny feather I think it should be vs1)

ideal

table 60-65.5
crown heights 12-15%
girdle
total depth 60-65%

_4580.jpg

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Weird, my post to Chrono didn't show up.

Thanks so much Chrono! I do have photos but would rather not post them yet in case someone finds the stone and buys it first. Do you have any listings on DB or LP, I could send you the photos. My asscher has a larger table, which I like for my particular stone but something to consider for this EC.

Thank you!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone is tilted and also fuzzy at the edges so I cannot see the steps properly, much less find any inclusions. I would request a better frontal view and also a profile (to check the crown height).

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Ugg, well I got one "extra" photo out of them but when I asked for a true "head on" shot and a profile shot, this was their response: "sorry but we have exhausted our available resources to make more pictures for you. i hope you will understand."

Oh well, not sure if I want to deal with it, probably not a deal after all. Thanks for everyone's help.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results