shape
carat
color
clarity

EGL SI2''s

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bobsled

Rough_Rock
Are most EGL SI2''s eye clean, or am I taking my chances? Is there anyway to gauge "eye clean" without actually seeing the diamond (certs, analysis, etc.)?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/2/2004 11:45:15 AM
Author:bobsled
Is there anyway to gauge ''eye clean'' without actually seeing the diamond (certs, analysis, etc.)?
NO.

Quite a few SI2 by any lab''s would need a bit of license to be called "eye clean". But... there are a few I1 EightSart diamonds around here and no one said they''re not awesome to look at
1.gif

What does "eye clean" mean to you ?

And there is no way to go for this rade without seeing a decent copy of the inclusion plot and relying on some return policy, just in case.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I''d say most SI2''s are not eye clean, but many pass as eye-clean or eye-cleanish. If diamond dealers are all to be totally believed, every eye-clean diamond would be eye-clean, but that is just not the case..... It is dependent on having expert diamond dealer vision, nothing less.

Remember, every diamond is flawless in the dark, just like people. In the bright light of close examination, few things are truly eye-clean. What you can readily see versus what you can search for and possibly locate is the real issue of importance.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is not often you are wrong Dave!

I am definitely not Flawless or even close to clean in the dark ROFL!!!!

But seriously folks; which EGL - EGL USA is reasonable on clarity - and they have the benefit of SI3 - so the worst SI2''s have another home.

If you can see a scanned copy of the cert - the one you want has a larger number of smaller inclusions say 4 VS2''s that add up to an IS2 - rather than 1 localized inclusion which will be easier to spot.

I also prefer stones with centralzed marks than ones around the crown as these will usually be smaller than ones only in the crown.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results