shape
carat
color
clarity

EC Sapphire and Diamond Halo Advice

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi: I am finally moving forward with my dream setting of a halo for my EC stone. I am attaching a picture of the type of proportions I am interested in (please try and picture my EC diamond in place of the current blue stone :naughty:) for a visual. I have two questions: Has anyone else done this type of setting before and also, what do you think the cost will be? I have had a difficult time getting a commitment of price or that it will look like this or measurements.

Thanks so much for your help. It is greatly appreciated :)

The first photo is a necklace but would make just a halo (love the proportions).

The second one I like but I feel that the sapphires are a bit too overpowering and I would prefer the diamonds set more closely together and with less metal showing.

img_3523.png

img_3525.png

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
how large is your stone dimensions?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
How large is the EC?
PLAT or WG?

I have a few quotes from various vendors doing a similar double halo, though mine were for a round diamond. Not many vendors, I think, do sapphire/emerald/ ruby halos very well so I'm a little particular. I do agree with you that the proportions of the first are better. More refined. Everything is less bulky. I'm attaching 2 pictures I have from my inspiration file that might help you as well. Also double halos with no airline.

FWIW my quotes all came in around 2-4.5k in PLAT. I was going to actually follow up with Old World Diamonds as they have a partnership with a company that does colored stones halos. According to Adam they are very well made. I dropped the project when I decided to go in a different direction. It would be worth contacting him though if you were interested. ERD and SK would also be at the top of my list as well. I think from your inspiration pictures they seem to really understand art deco but still keep it elegant and classic. Singlestone is known for their antique rings but something about this design doesn't make me think it would be translated by them. But still might be worth it to ask if you have budget in that range.

If you look for me on pinterest I have a jewelry folder full of pieces that have colored stones halos. If you need more pictures.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi: My stone is 7 X 9 (give or take a little) and I did get a quote from ERD (but for the second one only) and he could not be specific with the measurements but thought around 2mm per side (I thought that seemed to be a small guestimate, as it looks much bigger to me. Doyle and Doyle has the same ring on their model and it's easier to tell from that one, the proportions, etc. I should also mention, that the second picture is a CAD.

I would love to see your pictures on PinInterest - do you have a different name? I think you said you were also attaching a few but I do not see them. I am on there as well as, Classics4ever. Thank you so much for your help. Beginning to think it's going to be a tough road. I was willing to do a CAD at this point to see exactly what I was getting, as I know I am particular. However, they all seem to bulky to me. Thank you again.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
If you contact me through LT then I can give you the link.

I forgot to say if you are looking for a cost effective way I might give some of the gabriel and co settings a try. I contacted LuAnn about some of the double halos and she confirmed that Gabriel and co would do a colored stone halo for some of their double halo settings.

Here are the pictures! Sorry totally forgot to attach, I think from your inspirtation shot you would prefer a narrow colored halo with a slightly larger diamond halo vs. having them be the same width.

6a7120443b67a2ceed3352ecb3e5c402.jpg

88bb4442b40cbd8318899acaa28b9f23.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think OWD would be a good resource.

What you need to do is sit down and sketch your diamond 7x9 then sketch the halos. Get an idea of what width looks good with your stone to you. Then you need to send out an email (I can help you draft that) to a number of vendors and see who can match your desire.

But first you heave to decide what the width of that sapphire channel is going to be to give you the look you want. I'm thinking about 1mm-1.5mm.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results