shape
carat
color
clarity

ebay find?????

GraceAva

Rough_Rock
hi, ive also posted this in timeless classics but thought i'd put it here as well. ive bought a ring on ebay and would love it if some of you diamond experts and lovers could give me your opinion on it. i dont know how to put a link on here but the ebay number is 200578354196. any advice or help would be really appreciated as im no expert on diamonds and dont have loads of money to spend but want to get the best i possibly can, thanksx

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you're worried, get it appraised while you're still within your return period. I notice that you've only got 3 days so you'll need to schedule your appointment before it even arrives since most appraisers are kind of busy and work by appointment only. The big issues, as I'm sure you know, all revolve around the grading. SI1-I1, H-J, 'approximately 1 carat' and 1.00cts.+ are all important issues. At first glance at the photos it looks to be a lovely ring for a reasonalble price.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From the pics the ring does look lovely and I love the old cuts. I think IMHO it is a little pricey for ebay as the diamond is going to look closer to a 3/4 carat diamond rather then a one carat. However, if it appraises as nice as it looks then you will have spent much less then buying retail.

GraceAva

Rough_Rock
well the person im buying it off says he doesn't know how old it is, does anyone have a rough idea? to be honest im a bit worried about it looking like a .75ct as this is an upgrade ring from my .75ct!!! i really wanted a carat. also ive paid with layaway so i can't return unless its not what he's said it is. do you think 6.08mm is going to look small as i've got size 8 fingers?

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
6.08 is a bit small for a 1 carat but without knowing the source of that information, I wouldn't recommend relying on it anyway. Measuring stones isn't all that difficult but it takes a bit of practice and the right tools to do well. An extra half millimeter is a big deal in the diamond world and not so much if you're measuring with, say, a ruler. Again, if you're concerned and you're not an expert yourself (and maybe even if you are), get it appraised by an independent pro who can actually inspect the merchandise.

GraceAva

Rough_Rock
omg! this has really put me off, i want the biggest looking diamond i can get for my money! as like i said i havn't got little dainty hands. would it be terrible off me to tell him i dont want it anymore? or do you think i should wait till ive got it? is it because its an old cut that it looks small? thanks for your answers.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GraceAva|1299256160|2864617 said:
omg! this has really put me off, i want the biggest looking diamond i can get for my money! as like i said i havn't got little dainty hands. would it be terrible off me to tell him i dont want it anymore? or do you think i should wait till ive got it? is it because its an old cut that it looks small? thanks for your answers.
yes,most are cut deeper than modern day rounds.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results