Earrings Upgrade - questions

Issues related to diamond grading (cut, color, clarity, etc), pricing, and settings. Please post only natural diamond related questions and information here.

• 37 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2,

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Re: Earrings Upgrade - questions

Post by diamondseeker2006 » June 27th, 2012, 8:38 pm
Well, I vote for sticking with WF. I think in the long run, you get what you pay for, and I still want excellent quality in any diamonds I buy. I bought uncertified diamond earrings once, and I took a loss to get rid of them, and then I got my great stones from WF. No regrets here...(other than buying the uncerted ones to begin with).
"You know what, it is really just that more special to have a ring that has been created by an artist rather than something that's cast in the thousands, it sort of gives the piece a soul and is a real luxury (to me this is what jewellery is about)."  ...Mike Robinson

Post by centralsquare » June 27th, 2012, 9:12 pm
Thanks for the thoughts. I so greatly appreciate it. I'll ask IDJ for quotes on certified stones. Then I should have all the information I need to make a decision at that point on IDJ vs WF. Stay tuned!

Post by centralsquare » July 12th, 2012, 10:55 am
Just a quick update...it's been about 4 weeks since I had WF proceed with the repairs. The timing estimate I had for repairs plus regrading was 4 weeks. So, I emailed to inquire about whether they would be ready. Unfortunately, the repairs have not even begun :(. So, it's a minimum of another 4 weeks. The repairs are not being done at WF, so I understand they cannot control timing. I wish I would have known, however, as I had been expecting to wear them this weekend. In fact, the whole reason for upgrading in the first place was to wear this weekend at an event, so I'm a bit disappointed. :cry: Hopefully I'll have a more positive update with progress soon!

Post by Yssie » July 12th, 2012, 11:16 am
Written by centralsquare » July 12th, 2012, 10:55 am:Just a quick update...it's been about 4 weeks since I had WF proceed with the repairs. The timing estimate I had for repairs plus regrading was 4 weeks. So, I emailed to inquire about whether they would be ready. Unfortunately, the repairs have not even begun :(. So, it's a minimum of another 4 weeks. The repairs are not being done at WF, so I understand they cannot control timing. I wish I would have known, however, as I had been expecting to wear them this weekend. In fact, the whole reason for upgrading in the first place was to wear this weekend at an event, so I'm a bit disappointed. :cry: Hopefully I'll have a more positive update with progress soon!

Yikes! I'm sorry - how annoying, and how annoying that you weren't updated!
I'd call your rep and have a chat re. how often they should update you so that you are comfortable knowing what's going on. I wouldn't be happy with being left in the dark for a month, but my rep knows she can expect to hear from me every couple of weeks regarding ongoing projects..
Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk.
~H.D.Thoreau

Post by Rhea » July 12th, 2012, 12:22 pm
That's very disappointing! I too am waiting on earrings and I'm being terribly impatient. It sounds as though you thought about your plan months in advance, I can't believe that there hasn't been enough time to get them completed. Do you have any idea when they will be on their way to you?

Post by centralsquare » August 14th, 2012, 4:05 pm
After a few months of waiting, I finally have my upgraded earrings! While it was a long and painful journey, I'm pleased to have them back on my ears.

I'd like to update in my avatar...anyone know how to update?

37 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2,

« Return to RockyTalky