shape
carat
color
clarity

Earrings - Looking for advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JimL

Rough_Rock
Hello, I''ve been a lurker for the past week, but would really appreciate some advice on where to buy some nice earrings for my wife.

I was looking at Diamond Stud Source online and comparing to Jared and Blue Nile. But I feel I could do better with the diamonds and setting by asking/pleading for your help here :) I''ve read some good things about White Flash and GOG here.

Right now I''m looking in the 1.4 to 1.5 ctw area for round diamonds. But I want plenty of fire. Probably Platinum setting and maybe 3 prong martini as I hear that is popular here.

One pair I thought might fit the bill were:

Shape: Round Round
Carat Weight: 0.72 0.73
Cut: VG VG
Color: H H
Clarity: SI1 SI1
Depth %: 62.9 62.6
Table %: 58 56
Polish: EX EX
Symmetry: EX EX

For around $3600. My price range can extend some from here if necessary.

Please help! I''m totally open to advice. I understand the basics around the 4 C''s and I have no interest in enhanced diamonds. I would just like to get the best bang for the buck with great diamonds and excellent setting. Maybe H-I Color.

JimL

Rough_Rock
Please let me know if I asked something wrong. All I''m looking for is good advice so that I can get a great pair of diamond studs for my Wife. I''ve searched this site for hours but still am in need of being pointed in the right direction.

Thanks!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the crown and Pavilion ?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Otherwise... I would do something like these two, then buy their martini prong settings that they have and these would be eligible for future upgrade (1.20 ctw) still beautiful. Plus you get a PS discount I believe it is 2% for the ES selection. Phenomenal Upgrade policy they have
36.gif

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/Compare_Diamonds.aspx?idnos=2192327,2192326

JimL

Rough_Rock
What defines what is upgradable at WhiteFlash? Also do you get 100% towards the upgrade?

My wife is 5'4 and small frame. Would these look good? And is there much difference between 1.2 and 1.5 ctw that would be really noticeable?

Also is there a lot of difference between Ideal and Very Good/Excellent on cut with earrings?

Thanks!!!

JimL

Rough_Rock

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/3/2009 12:19:37 AM
Author: JimL
What defines what is upgradable at WhiteFlash? Also do you get 100% towards the upgrade?

My wife is 5'4 and small frame. Would these look good? And is there much difference between 1.2 and 1.5 ctw that would be really noticeable?

Also is there a lot of difference between Ideal and Very Good/Excellent on cut with earrings?

Thanks!!!
yes 100% goes towards the next upgrade. I only spent about $100 more towards my upgraded diamond.

If you buy their stones with certs loose and then set it, it qualifies for an upgrade. Best to contact them directly for clarifications. Highly recommend getting the ones with the cert and being able to have the option to upgrade later is something I would keep in mind.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/3/2009 5:28:05 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 12/2/2009 10:13:41 PM
Author: D&T

Otherwise... I would do something like these two, then buy their martini prong settings that they have and these would be eligible for future upgrade (1.20 ctw) still beautiful. Plus you get a PS discount I believe it is 2% for the ES selection. Phenomenal Upgrade policy they have
36.gif

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/Compare_Diamonds.aspx?idnos=2192327,2192326
These would make a super pair!!!
Yep Yep! if only I had me $3600
31.gif
for earrings right now....*sigh*

JimL

Rough_Rock
Thanks!

Is there a person that you recommend contacting at WhiteFlash?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/3/2009 9:51:08 AM
Thanks!

Is there a person that you recommend contacting at WhiteFlash?
whomever (who ever
33.gif
) you wish to use...
36.gif
I''ve worked with Traci there many times

JimL

Rough_Rock
I'm looking at Brian Gavin diamonds, they seem great to work with.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/4/2009 8:35:19 PM
I''m looking at Brian Gavin diamonds, they seem great to work with.
They are wonderful to work with too! and have incredible diamonds
30.gif
you won''t be disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results