shape
carat
color
clarity

E-ring insurance coverage

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DetroitNurse

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I just called for a quote to add a rider onto my homeowners policy for my e-ring to be. I live in Ontario, and they quoted me what works out to be approximately 15 cents per thousand per year, which is in line with what I was told. However...they do NOT cover "mysterious disappearance". Should I be worried about that? How many people do you know who have actually lost their ring? Should I shop for an independent policy like Chubb Canada? I was told that there has been so much fraud around this type of claim that they can no longer afford to cover it.

Thanks!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Detroit,

We would need mysterious disappearance. Wonder if I should double check...I''m almost positive (except for your question) it is part of our rider with Nationwide.

Yes, my wife had her diamond fall out of her ring after 13 years. Don''t know what percent of times this happens...but you get insurance because tiny percentages concern you.

I would look to get this...one way or another.

ChattyCat

Rough_Rock
I should think that mysterious disappearance should be covered. Prongs snag or break, stones come loose, sometimes without warning. I would hate to be paying for a policy that didn''t really cover me fully.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would look into finding a policy that covers everything, no loop holes. If a child runs off and hides the ring or throws it away, is that mysterious disapperance so it wouldn''t be covered?...it would be way to possible for that to happen in my house that I would want full coverage to include mysterious disapperance or just plain loss.

DetroitNurse

Rough_Rock
Hi and thanks for everyone''s replies. Apparently, a stone falling out because of prong damage is covered. It''s just if the ring goes missing completely, without theft, they call that "mysterious disappearance". Any kind of damage or loss due to damage would be covered. I called a Chubb Canada rep. She said the price is the same, and they have no exclusions, however, they only like to cover blanket policies of $100k or more (yikes!).

Does anyone know of an independent carrier in the southwestern Ontario area?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results