shape
carat
color
clarity

E-Ring Diamond Advice - Please and Thank You

SunnyPatel52

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone,

I have spent a lot of time lurking on this forum and am seeking some thoughts on the following diamond. I have placed this diamond on hold and have 24 hours to make a decision. Any comments or observations will greatly be appreciated. Attached are some images and GIA Cert. Thank you in advance!

Round Brilliant
1.70 Carat
F Color
VS1
Triple Excellent
57% Table
60.8% Pavilion
Star Facet 50%
Lower Girdle 75%
Thin to Med. Girdle (3%)
Crown 34.5 deg (14.5%)
Pavilion 40.8 deg (43%)

HCA 1.3

Best,
Sunny

arrow.jpg
heart.jpgreal_image_0.jpg

Attachments

• _43.pdf
    535.2 KB · Views: 85

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
VERY nice!

SunnyPatel52

Rough_Rock
Thank you, Andelain. I will be purchasing this diamond online and hope that the diamond looks as good as it does on paper.

krisjon

Shiny_Rock
A GIA Excellent that lives up to the grade. Nice. They're out there.

SunnyPatel52

Rough_Rock
Agreed.

For inclusions - is it preferred that they are located on the crown or table? This diamond has most of its inclusions on the table...

krisjon

Shiny_Rock
Anything VS1 should be small enough to be completely eye clean, but it's always good to double-check with the vendor/jeweler.

SunnyPatel52

Rough_Rock
Thanks - vendor confirmed that the stone is eye clean and free from visible inclusions.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks stunning!

SunnyPatel52

Rough_Rock
Thanks - tried out the AGA/NAJA calc on this website and got a score of 1A in all categories.

UPDATE: Order has been placed...now the wait :snore:

SunnyPatel52

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone — now I have to find the perfect setting. I'm thinking solitaire (Tiffany Classic Knife Edge) or similar. Is there a guide on how the diamond should be seated on a ring to maximize its performance?

SunnyPatel52

Rough_Rock
Diamond should be here tomorrow and I will most likely go with the Vatche U113 setting! I was wondering if anyone could help me understand the heart and arrow pictures for this diamond (partially color blind). It is my understanding that hearts and arrows are formed when the diamond is cut to more exacting proportions than GIAXXX and AGS000. Does this diamond have leaks, if so where and is there anything else that is of concern?

Thank you.

SunnyPatel52

Rough_Rock
Just received the loose stone and it looks amazing - attached are some mediocre pictures (will post more once my camera is charged)

img_3541.jpg

img_5920.jpg

img_5915.jpg

img_3542.jpg

SunnyPatel52

Rough_Rock
Anybody that can chime in...I would really appreciate your input/feedback on the IS image. Thank you.

leyhuong

Shiny_Rock
A gorgeous stone. What a beauty! The only thing concerns me is a thin girdle.

SunnyPatel52

Rough_Rock
That is concerning me too because of the likelihood of a small crack during the setting process.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thin girdles are an insignificant chip risk. The risk goes up only slightly when combined with low angles.

Daisyoz

Shiny_Rock
It is indeed a stunning stone! Could you share with us how you managed to get the IS and ASET images from BN? Is this one of their Signature Ideal stones? Thanks!

SunnyPatel52

Rough_Rock
Thanks Julie.

Daisyoz - Unfortunately, BN did not provide me with the IS/ASET imagery. They only provided the three images of the stone at the top of this thread. I scheduled a meeting with Dave Atlas prior to my purchase so that he could take a look at the stone and provide me with the IS/ASET images within the 30 day return policy.

SunnyPatel52

Rough_Rock
BN provided the heart, arrow, and magnified image. I called customer service and asked them if they could provide images for the diamond. BN did not have any images in their system so they contacted the vault manager directly for images and within 48 hours they sent them to me.

Roqsteady

Shiny_Rock
was there a way you knew without seeing it that it was a good H&A diamond? Was it a signature?

SunnyPatel52

Rough_Rock
There was no way to tell if it was going to be a good H&A. I used the information on pricescope to determine ideal ranges for table, crown/pav angle etc, coupled with specifications of stones already purchased by users that were excellent H&A and performed advanced searches on BN daily until I came across a stone that met the specs. Once I found the stone, I plugged the numbers into HCA and AGA and looked for a "passing" score; comments from the PS community also helped in removing any doubts/concerns in the stone. Once I had the stone on hand, I had everything verified by a gemologist who confirmed if the stone was good.

This diamond was an ideal and not a BN signature - I believe the only difference between the two is that BN is in possession of the actual stone and all signature stones come with a GCAL report.

SunnyPatel52

Rough_Rock
In addition, BN will also ask the vendor to confirm if the stone is eye clean or not. Hope this helps

SunnyPatel52

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I am pleased to say that my diamond has finally found a home in one of Mark Morrell's classic petite sunburst. I am taking delivery of this piece tomorrow and Mark was kind enough to send me some pictures to hold me over :dance:

_23539.jpg

_23540.jpg

_23541.jpg

_23542.jpg

SunnyPatel52

Rough_Rock
This was the easy part and now comes the part where I have to ask my HS sweetheart the BIG question :pray:

_23543.jpg

_23544.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good golly. I'd forgotten how lovely those settings are.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results