shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this stone cut pass the test

pktkid10

Rough_Rock
Greetings, all. Long time viewer, first time poster.

After many hours of reading, countless scheming, and many dollar's saved I'm ready to take the plunge. I wanted to run this by the folks here to ensure this stone will shine. Do the dimensions look okay? thanks for taking the time!! :lol:

http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-search?stockno=LD06093473

Cut- Very Good
Color - F
Clarity - VS2
Length/width ratio 1.14
Depth % 68.8%
Table % 59.0%
Polish -Excellent
Symmetry - Very Good
Girdle -Slightly Thick to Very Thick
Culet None
Fluorescence -Medium
Measurements
7.40 x 6.50 x 4.48 mm

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hm for me your link isn't to a specific stone. It's to a list of diamonds.

Usually we'd ask for the crown angle and pavilion angle, but I can tell you right now that I would pass on the diamond in consideration.

It is very deep at 68.8%. That will affect how light is reflected through the diamond, thus how sparkly it is. It also means that much of the carat weight is in the depth and not in the face of the stone. In other words, it will face up and look small for it's carat weight.

The cut is "Very Good." If you are maximizing sparkle and brilliance, then you should stick with an Excellent cut or Ideal cut.

Here's some helpful numbers to help you choose:

Depth: 59-62.3%
Table: 54-58%
Crown angle: 34-35 degrees
Pavilion angle: 40.6 - 41 degrees

pktkid10

Rough_Rock
Sorry for the bad link. Appreciate the parameters - I will continue the hunt. Thank you.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Are you looking for princess or round? The link you posted goes to results of a princess search. The parameters JDDN posted are for rounds.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Texas Leaguer|1440540996|3919152 said:
Are you looking for princess or round? The link you posted goes to results of a princess search. The parameters JDDN posted are for rounds.
Not very good specs in either case.

solgen

Brilliant_Rock

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Texas Leaguer said:

Yes, the specs I posted are only for round brilliants. Sorry for the confusion if you're not looking a RB's. When I click on your link it brings me to a list of round diamonds. Weird if it brings others to princess or cushions....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results