shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this look like an authentic Cartier Trinity ring?

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought this ring online and while i'm waiting for it to be delivered, i've started being worried and i'm wondering whether it's an authentic piece or not. The ring was sold as an authentic Cartier ring and the seller offers a 14 day return period.
I guess, what worries me the most is the fact that i have seen other vintage "les musts de Cartier" trinity rings and they all have, on the inside surface, the size marking and right next to it another marking that consists of one letter, four numbers and another letter at the end. The ring that i bought seems to be...missing a number :confused: :confused: :confused:
I'm planning on taking it to the Cartier store in my area for authentication and polishing, when it arrives, but i can't stop worrying in the mean time :(sad
Any experts out there who can offer an opinion? I'm attaching three pictures of the ring that i have...
Thank you so much :wavey:

4669567_058.jpg

4669568_062.jpg

4669569_top.jpg

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It has been said here that Tiffany no longer authenticate so you would need to check if Cartier still does.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pyramid|1381686471|3537006 said:
It has been said here that Tiffany no longer authenticate so you would need to check if Cartier still does.

Thank you for your reply Pyramid!
Even if they don't do official authentication, won't they be able to tell me whether the ring is an authentic Cartier piece or not?
Plus, i will leave it for repolishing. Would they accept repolishing a ring without being sure that it's theirs?

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
natyLad|1381686870|3537007 said:
Pyramid|1381686471|3537006 said:

Thank you for your reply Pyramid!
Even if they don't do official authentication, won't they be able to tell me whether the ring is an authentic Cartier piece or not?
Plus, i will leave it for repolishing. Would they accept repolishing a ring without being sure that it's theirs?

obv. this isn't cartier - but i bought an estate tiff charm bracelet from a respected PS vendor a few years ago - took it to tiff to add a charm then took it back to have it engraved - i found out ON MY OWN after TWO services by tiff it was a fake (the plating that had been used, was wearing off)! SO i wouldn't rely on Cartier to tell you if it's a fake...just my .02

angeline

Ideal_Rock
naty - I bought a Cartier Trinity from Signed Pieces years ago. When I was due to leave the US for good, I thought I would take it the local Cartier to get it cleaned and authenticated.

You know what they said? That if it wasn't authentic they might not even give it back!!! I quickly took my precious and got out of the store. Mine has the one pave band and she said they would have to send it to New York for authentication. I was in CA)

I don't know if she was just trying to get rid of me, or didn't like me or what, but I thought that was a very draconian stance to take.

So don't hand it over till your sure they'll give it back!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, God :errrr: :errrr: :errrr: You guys have scared me to death!!!
It makes you wonder what's the use of buying an authentic piece of jewelry from a very expensive brand, if even the people who make or sell the jewelry can't identify the real pieces from the fake ones :shock:
And how about the other crazy person who claimed that if the ring isn't authentic they will keep it??? :lol:

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
natyLad|1381759330|3537462 said:
Oh, God :errrr: :errrr: :errrr: You guys have scared me to death!!!
It makes you wonder what's the use of buying an authentic piece of jewelry from a very expensive brand, if even the people who make or sell the jewelry can't identify the real pieces from the fake ones :shock:
And how about the other crazy person who claimed that if the ring isn't authentic they will keep it??? :lol:

well thankfully in my case, i contacted the original vendor who gave me a full refund upon receiving the bracelets back to him!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Did it come with any paperwork? The box?

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB621|1381791381|3537748 said:
Did it come with any paperwork? The box?

The seller said that he sent the box with the ring, but i haven't received anything yet...

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
I have to say, the engraving inside and out does look very authentic to me. (I own a Cartier trinity ring.) The trinities with "les must de Cartier" engraved on the outside are older models, so it's entirely possible that the number sequence inside changed slightly at some point between then and now.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Naty!
I just wanted to add my 2cents. I have 4 authentic Cartier Trinity rings in total.. 3 women's and one for the hubs as well as 2 Cartier LOVE rings. Each was bought in different stores.. countries.. years and each one has different markings on the inside. There are similarities of course.. like the size engraved in European size and the serial number and 18K.. but none of them are exactly the same. Some have a tiny eagle's head imprinted which is the French symbol for 18K.. some have Les Must Cartier and some don't.. some have the year.. I guess depending on the style and when and where the ring was manufactured there are differences in the fonts and markings.
I don't know if I just made that harder or easier for you but I thought it was relevant.
Good luck!! Have a great day. :wavey:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Natylad,

Honestly I think you need more expert opinions from ppl that do nothing but obsess over Cartier pieces. I hope I'm not breaking other rules here but there is another forum you can go to and post your 2nd market cartier pieces. There is an entire thread for requesting to autheticate and I have had amazing luck over there. You will get a quick response if you post your photos. The people who autheticate have either worked at Cartier or have followed that brand for years. It won't be us guessing about it. Try googleing something like "jewelry forum autheticate cartier."

For what it is worth i was looking at buying anther cartier love bracelet and it looked near perfect. I posted it to be autheticated and someone came back right away that it was fake. The serial number on the bracelet is a known fake serial number from someplace in Asia. So I really really recommend you post your pictures or your listening there. I think it will help put your mind at ease.

And also I called Cartier. They will take a look at your pieces but they don't quarentee they will autheticate if you have no paperwork. I think it is more they can tell the really bad fakes from the real thing. But the better fakes they can't in store.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alright, so first of all, i can't thank enough all the wonderful people here, who gave me great advice, opinions and...moral support!!! You guys are amazing!!! (Rubies-R-me, thank you so much for your input and the positive energy ;)) hugs dear).
So, the ring is here :appl: :appl: :appl: Its overall condition is very good for a preloved piece! I took it to Cartier boutique of my area and a wonderful lady there inspected it and told me that she can't authenticate the piece but she can definitely confirm that all the markings look correct and there are no red flags here! I honestly feel relieved...for now :Up_to_something: I'll try to find the site that SB621 suggested and see whether i could get a response from an expert there.
But...in the mean time, i'm enjoying my new ring, which is my gift from DH for my upcoming 40th birthday (brrr....i can't believe i'm turning forty in less than two months... :errrr: ).
I totally LOVE wearing it! It's so comfortable,that i don't want to take it off...ever..!!!
And now some pictures...Not great quality, but you can get an idea of how it looks on my hand!
Thank you all again :wavey:

hpim2357.jpg

hpim2358.jpg

hpim2360.jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also wanted to add, that the number that seemed to be missing from the engraving in the vendor's picture is actually there!!! It was just a bad photo! The...missing number is the number: 1 !!!
Two more pics...

hpim2362.jpg

hpim2363.jpg

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay Natylad!!! :appl:
So glad you feel better about the ring and how GREAT that it arrived today!
It looks wonderful on your finger.. just a perfect size to make a classy statement but not overwhelm.
Enjoy it!!! Glad to spread good energy.. that the BEST kind!!! :wavey:

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!!! Glad it seems to have worked out. Happy early birthday and welcome to the Trinity club!!!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love that ring!!! I just wanted to add that you can still post on the "other" site for authentication. They seem pretty on it. Also people who are selling don't usually show the entire serial number because that's how people make fakes by taking real numbers and duplicating them. Congratulations and happy birthday. I love the trinity and haven't taken mine off since I got it!

snowmom

Rough_Rock
Looks beautiful. :appl: I'm glad everything worked out.

Just wondering did you buy your true ring size or did you go a little larger because of its rolling style?

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
snowmom|1381960935|3539050 said:
Looks beautiful. :appl: I'm glad everything worked out.

Just wondering did you buy your true ring size or did you go a little larger because of its rolling style?

I bought half a size bigger than my regular size and it was an excellent decision. The ring fits tightly on my finger. If i had bought my regular size, it would have been small.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
natyLad|1381965024|3539082 said:
hathalove|1381950330|3538937 said:
Oh. I'm curious what your last marking is?

The last marking is: O7114L

I meant there is usually another hallmark after the serial number;-) You can kind of see one kind here a little east west marquis box with something inside. http://www.cartier.us/collections/jewelry/collections/trinity-de-cartier/trinity-de-cartier-rings/b4086100-trinity-ring

Or you may have this snoe with a little heart. Hard to see in this pic but its there in this pic.
http://www.cartier.us/collections/jewelry/collections/trinity-de-cartier/trinity-de-cartier-rings/b4052800-trinity-ring-large-model

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rubies-R-Me|1381841470|3537967 said:
Hi Naty!
I just wanted to add my 2cents. I have 4 authentic Cartier Trinity rings in total.. 3 women's and one for the hubs as well as 2 Cartier LOVE rings. Each was bought in different stores.. countries.. years and each one has different markings on the inside. There are similarities of course.. like the size engraved in European size and the serial number and 18K.. but none of them are exactly the same. Some have a tiny eagle's head imprinted which is the French symbol for 18K.. some have Les Must Cartier and some don't.. some have the year.. I guess depending on the style and when and where the ring was manufactured there are differences in the fonts and markings.
I don't know if I just made that harder or easier for you but I thought it was relevant.
Good luck!! Have a great day. :wavey:

Ignore my last post! I just saw that it is the les must... And Rubies-R-Me is exactly right. The order and markings vary over the years. Even the font size. I know when I bought my first one it had the box hallmark after the serial number and deep and smaller engraving. Then when I exchanged it for a smaller size the second one had larger less deep engraving with a different hallmark after the serial number.

I say if you love it and it feels good wear it and enjoy it:)

Its gorgeous on you! :appl:

snowmom

Rough_Rock
Thanks for letting me know about the sizing. I love the trinity ring but I've never tried one on. I am hoping to get one someday =)

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can someone help me? I really want to buy a trinity and think I've found one but I'm trying to confirm if it's real Cartier or not. I've searched as SB recommended but can't seem to find the forum referred to.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
The ring looks wonderful on you!

As for the forum, I think she is referring to this one: synonym for handbag and synonym for online discussion board. Does that help? :wink2:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Rosebloom|1383158717|3547651 said:
The ring looks wonderful on you!

As for the forum, I think she is referring to this one: synonym for handbag and synonym for online discussion board. Does that help? :wink2:

That's the one!

Rhea you can find me through LT and I will give you the link if that helps.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results