shape
carat
color
clarity

Does Anyone Have Pictures to Post of ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bichon

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone,

I would like to start looking for a wedding band for my 6-prong Tiffany style solitaire. I have seen the various bands on their website and was wondering how these styles actually look on the hand. Going to the actual Tiffany store and trying on the bands is one option ... but I would feel like kind of strange walking in with my "replica" ring (even though I know it will out-do what''s on display) ... I am currently back at school in Montreal so I won''t be able to get to the nearest Tiffany (in Toronto, 5 hours away) for a while. I''d love it if someone on this very resourceful site has hand-pics of the engagement ring + band!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
check out the tiffany website, it has some pictures of pairs of w-ring and e-ring with their 6 prong solitaire.

i think the one i have seen that i liked the best on someone''s hand was the 6 prong solitaire with a very thin channel or prong set eternity or 5/7/10 stone band. it gives the hand some extra sparkle but leaves most of the spotlight on the diamond itself.

i think the gal i am thinking of (a girl in my old kickboxing class) had something like a 1c ring on a solitaire replica setting and got something like a 7 stone wedding band in a channel set where you saw more of the diamond than the metal. really nice.

rosy

Shiny_Rock
Just curious, why is it that you want to buy the wedding band from Tiffany? They are very beautiful but seeing as you got a replica setting for your engagement ring why wouldn''t you also get a replica for your wedding band? By the way I don''t think any of the salespeople will judge you for having a replica, it''s very common to buy your wedding bands from a store other than where you bought your engagement ring from, besides I find that they''re sales people are not very pushy, they''re really very nice & courteous.

bichon

Rough_Rock
Rosy, I''m not actually looking to buy the wedding band from Tiffany''s ... just wanted to see what options I have, and thought Tiffany''s would be a good place to start. I really like the shared prong suggested by Mara, but would really like to see it on someone''s hand first.

The classic Tiffany band is nice but I''m not too sure if the knife edge look will be okay on its own, should I decide to wear it alone. Decisions, decisions, decisions! The more I learn about diamonds and the possibility of many  beautiful settings, the harder I make it for myself to choose!

rosy

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I have tried on the Tiffany knife edge wedding band & was not impressed. It is very thin, thinner then the knife edge solitaire engagement ring. It doensn''t add anything to the ring. On the other hand a diamond wedding band really compliments the rock! I would go for the shared prong diamond band. A full circle runs from $4000-6000 depending on how wide the band is but I think it looks a hundred times better than the plain knife edge wedding band. Good luck! I will be finding myself in your shoes within the next year or so!

bichon

Rough_Rock
To reward myself after a long day of studying for my final exam, I went to Chateau d''Ivoire today to look at diamonds bands. (Ch Ivoire, btw, is a chi-chi jewelry store where the security guard lets you in through the first door, then the second door once the first door closes, then watches everyone like a hawk.)To my horror, the minute I tried on one of the bands, I could tell immediately that it was not a D, nor an E, and guessed that it must have been F. And believe it or not, I was right. Either I''m super colour-senstive (I can tell when a black blazer doesn''t match the black skirt/pants) OR an F would clash with my D? Aaaarghhhh ... this is not good!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results