shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone have an halo with small center stone?

barbiebien

Rough_Rock
I am looking at rings for me and my boyfriend. We will order an engagement rind together. Since i am in Europe, vendord are limited and i am looking at Blue Nile for rings. I will either go for a 0.60 solitaire or a round halo with a regular plain platinum band. Both with ideal cut, H colored VS2 stones.

I see alot of Halo's on here but not much with a center stone of .40 till .60 and im wondering how it will look. I have giant (2 + centimeters by 1+ centimeter) platinum oval halo ring with a blue stone from the early 1900's that i realy like on my size 8 fingers but i don't want to go super blingy on the diamond ring, hence i am looking at just the halo and no diamond on the band itself. Any advise for me on this one?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you checked the "under 1 ct" thread? Or the "collection of Halos" thread? You will definitely come across expels there.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
What shape is your center stone? If you have an RB it will face up larger then other cuts which will also affect the halo. Personally I love the look of a halo with a plain shank and wedding band. To me it is so elegant. Goodluck with your choice.

barbiebien

Rough_Rock
Thank you both.

i will look at those topics thank you. I am looking at a RB .46 stone at the moment.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you go into the "SMTR helpfully threads and archive" there are the links to all different topics. That is where you will find the two threads I mentioned.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sarahbear621 said:
What shape is your center stone? If you have an RB it will face up larger then other cuts which will also affect the halo. Personally I love the look of a halo with a plain shank and wedding band. To me it is so elegant. Goodluck with your choice.
totally agree!! I've been loving that look more and more specially with diamond and gemstone stacking rings- ala Gypsy :)

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
I think the solitaire with the halo is lovely. It just adds a little extra sparkle to the ring.

PrincessCath

Shiny_Rock
What about a marguerite style ring? Small center stone, large halo. I am looking at these kinds of settings myself. Here's a Dior design I like a lot.

And, since you are in Europe, Antwerp is diamond heaven...

bague marguerite dior.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a halo on a .6ish stone would be lovely.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
if you look at BlueNile they have pictures of recently purchased rings so you can see what they look like with different carat weights.

barbiebien

Rough_Rock
Yes the first one. I have looked on blue nile but the shots are up close so i have no idea how it wil look on the hand.

barbiebien

Rough_Rock
PrincessCath|1329925286|3131663 said:
What about a marguerite style ring? Small center stone, large halo. I am looking at these kinds of settings myself. Here's a Dior design I like a lot.

And, since you are in Europe, Antwerp is diamond heaven...

thank you but it's not realy my style.

barbiebien

Rough_Rock
Amys Bling|1330026633|3132619 said:
I think the one you like would look lovely with a .6 RB

I will either get a 0.60 solitaire or the Halo with a .46 center stone to stay in the budget. i am a bit affraid the Halo will look gaudy

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
If going with a .46 in a halo my advice would be to make sure you get a simple well done halo. If you get a very large and detailed halo it may dwarf the size of the stone and in your words be "gaudy"

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results