Votes: 4 28.6%
  • c. It looks great as it is.

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For my Christmas gift, I chose this:image_2732.jpg
It is a platinum setting and I am soooo in love with it. I had always wanted a ring like this, but they are always out of my price range, as it is for a right hand ring and I have plenty of those, so I can't justify spending a small fortune on a ring that I will only wear occasionally. Anyhow, this ring was a steal BUT, as you can tell, the center stone is NOT an OEC. It is a .50 I1 I color mrb.
I have a few options. I actually have a .60 OEC that I wear as a pendant, but it is very yellow,so I set it in a yellow gold pendant. I love that pendant and I love my new ring as it is, but I can't help but wonder if I should swap these two stones out.
My concern is that the ring would end up looking different with a yellow diamond, even if the stone would make the ring more original. I suppose that I could always wait until the right OEC comes along, as this mrb blends in well.
I am open to opinions.

ETA: more pictures
image_2733.jpg
image_2734.jpg

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
I know this is in RT, but if you're not in love with the MRB, have you considered a colored stone? I think it would look pretty sweet to have a nice blue sapphire in the center of a floral antiquey setting. And probably still pretty true to the period I think?
If I had to pick from your options I wouldn't unset your pendant for this purpose. I would live with it for a while. If an OEC comes along that seems perfect, and you're still not loving the mrb, then go for it. I think sometimes these things need time to marinate. Good luck!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you love the ring as it is then leave it for now. If you have different feelings 6 months down the road then consider changing it.
I think it's a gorgeous setting and looks great the way it is! What a great find!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks fine... the only reason to change it out is if you don't like it for some reason. :))

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I personally prefer antique settings to have antique diamonds but it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. I like the setting as is so I would leave the diamond in there.

Love this for a RHR! :naughty:

Travelgal

Shiny_Rock
Can I do two votes? I think it looks great as is. If you do want an oec, then I would definitely wait for a "white" one. Great find! Love your ring.

Travelgal

Shiny_Rock
One more thing- I am not sure how you feel about it- but have you considered this ring as an alternative to your engagement ring when you run errands, travel, or go out and about? I have a couple of rings that I rotate for my engagement ring when I have quick outings. I get more use out of them and it makes me love my engagement ring even more. (Only suggesting this because you said you have a lot of RHR and the new ring is so cool).

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with just about everyone who has posted so far. Keep it as is for now. It's really pretty! :love:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
enbcfsobe|1418580186|3800994 said:
I know this is in RT, but if you're not in love with the MRB, have you considered a colored stone? I think it would look pretty sweet to have a nice blue sapphire in the center of a floral antiquey setting. And probably still pretty true to the period I think?
If I had to pick from your options I wouldn't unset your pendant for this purpose. I would live with it for a while. If an OEC comes along that seems perfect, and you're still not loving the mrb, then go for it. I think sometimes these things need time to marinate. Good luck!

Thanks. I was actually considering a stone, but I've always envisioned this setting with a diamond!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Travelgal|1418588435|3801084 said:
One more thing- I am not sure how you feel about it- but have you considered this ring as an alternative to your engagement ring when you run errands, travel, or go out and about? I have a couple of rings that I rotate for my engagement ring when I have quick outings. I get more use out of them and it makes me love my engagement ring even more. (Only suggesting this because you said you have a lot of RHR and the new ring is so cool).

I haven't considered it as an alternate because my hubby really dislikes the idea. That said, I think I will give this one a lot more rotations than the rest!

And to the other posters and voters, thanks for your comments and participating! Since I can't play with my ring til Christmas, I can't do anything to it yet, but I definitely won't swap this diamond for the yellow oec...if anything, I will probably just be on the hunt for the perfect one and if it comes along sooner than later, all the better!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results