shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you wear a solitaire on your right hand?

Do you think a diamond solitaire on the right hand looks odd?

• A. Yes

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • B. No

Votes: 48 77.4%

• Total voters

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would love to hear if you do or don't and why.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do! My engagement ring is a 3 stone and I bought an OEC for a bit of variety on my right hand.

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Change my vote! I voted Yes by accident! I wear a solitaire on my right hand and I love it. If anyone thinks it's odd, I neither know nor do I care.

nojs

Shiny_Rock
I don't think its odd, BUT I had a friend ask if my right hand solitaire (with pavé) is "another engagement ring or something" :D :D So I do see where this is coming from. I only like wearing a ring on the ring finger, and I like solitaires, so yes, I will wear one on right hand.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Emerald with side stones. Very e-ring like but not Solitaire. Not sure it that counts.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not a "two handed ring" type of gal so I only wear my rings on my left hand.
I feel like I'm too dressed up when I have rings on both hands and also I feel like if my right hand is ring-free I can do any heavy lifting or activities that might scratch my ring with my right hand which has nothing on it. :wavey:
Just my 2 ring cents!! :D :D :D :D

RockOnReen

Shiny_Rock
I swap out my right hand ring daily and sometimes I wear a halo'd RB...not quite a solitaire but could easily pass for an e-ring. I gets lots of questions about it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I said "No" but its because I dont have one for that hand. Then I figured I do have a RHR that is a single stone but I think of it as a
RHR not as a solitaire as in an engagement ring. (My RHR doesnt look like an engagment ring).

Anyway, not sure if I should have said "Yes" or "No".

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear solitaires on my right hand all the time. I have my original e-ring (twice upgraded) that I finally had sized for my right hand. I figure why is it sitting around. I might as well wear it, too. I swap it back to left hand (with a band so it won't fall off) then move my newer ones to the right. Put the 10 stone or 7 stone band on either hand. Colored stone solitaires, too. Diamond. Whatever. The only thing I make sure that I do is have a diamond on the left hand all the time :)

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought my cut to order CBI diamond for a RHR (set in Vatche Serenity pave).

Prior to that, was wearing my Tiffany Fancy Yellow (Modified Brilliant Cushion) as a RHR.

Both could pass as e-rings.

Why? because I like beautiful diamonds?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted yes as my day to day RHR is a small EC east-west bezel-set in a 5mm band.

My dressier RHR used to be my larger EC in a solitaire setting, however, it has now been re-set in an air-line halo.

I had the smaller EC ring made because I do not wish to wear a 1.19ct EC on a daily basis, and the latter is only worn on dressier occasions. It is definitely the case now as the air-line halo is too blingy for daily work wear for me.

The large EC was a 40th birthday present to myself as a RHR.

DK :))

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
I actually like the look of a solitaire with a wedding band (on the left) or separate from the wedding band and worn on the right. So, I voted no because I don't think it looks odd at all. Although my e-ring is now a halo, I kind of think of it as a "blinged-out" solitaire since my original e-ring was a three stone type and this 'feels' more like a solitaire to me. Today as a matter of fact I have been wearing it on and off my right hand since it's a very cold day. On these types of days, my fingers are much thinner and my right hand is bigger.

Chihuahua6

Shiny_Rock
I voted no. I used to wear my E-ring on my left hand and wedding band on the right. I like the E-ring to stand out on its own. Which ring you put on which hand is personal preference and I don't care what people think anyway. I don't have to do things the traditional way if I don't want to. It's not like you can't tell it's an E-ring. It's obvious. If I see someone with their rings on different hands I just assume they feel more comfortable the way they have it and I don't give it a second thought.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The thread title question and the question right above the poll might elicit two different answers, so I almost clicked the wrong answer!

I wouldn't wear a solitaire diamond engagement ring on my right hand. However, I would happily wear a three stone diamond ring, or a more detailed setting with a diamond in it (my Beaudry ring with the asscher, for example). I already have a solitaire on my left hand, so I wouldn't care to wear one on my right. However, if I did for some reason get another diamond solitaire ring, I would alternate wearing it on my left ring finger.

Like Rubies-R-Me, I really prefer wearing a ring on my left hand (for the same reasons she said) and do not wear a RHR very often.

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
I do sometimes wear a solitaire on my right hand. I love diamonds so I don't care if other people think it looks odd.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1425604315|3842548 said:
The thread title question and the question right above the poll might elicit two different answers, so I almost clicked the wrong answer!

I wouldn't wear a solitaire diamond engagement ring on my right hand. However, I would happily wear a three stone diamond ring, or a more detailed setting with a diamond in it (my Beaudry ring with the asscher, for example). I already have a solitaire on my left hand, so I wouldn't care to wear one on my right. However, if I did for some reason get another diamond solitaire ring, I would alternate wearing it on my left ring finger.

Like Rubies-R-Me, I really prefer wearing a ring on my left hand (for the same reasons she said) and do not wear a RHR very often.

Ah! I assumed the title was the question so I said yes. But no. Its not weird at all IMHO. But then again my e ring looks a bit like rhr, so I don't really care much about what goes where

Thanks for looking out ds I really answered that totally worng :lol:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I do. I am not married (any longer) but have an OEC that I love and it is set in a solitaire. I wear it alone, stacked with bands, etc. Diamonds are not just for married ladies and sometimes a solitaire suits a certain diamond best. I don't tend to wear it on my left hand, but I would. I'm not looking for another husband so I don't care if it looks like an ER. People can think whatever they want.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
A hands a hand, a fingers a finger and a ring is a ring who cares wear you wear it. Just as long as you have beautiful sparkly diamonds to wear lol :appl:

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I answered the poll question, not the title question. No, I don't think a solitaire on the right hand looks odd. There's no point in wanting a ring, purchasing it, and not wearing it. If you're a solitaire type of woman, rock it, no matter which finger.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops, I answered the thread title question and not the poll question, therefore, one less for wearing a solitaire on the right hand being odd!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1425645229|3842715 said:
Oops, I answered the thread title question and not the poll question, therefore, one less for wearing a solitaire on the right hand being odd!!!

Ditto...take my No answer off! I answered the title question!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I answered yes. But should have answered No because I do not think it looks odd.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually don't wear rhrs but if I did I'd be fine with wearing a solitaire on my rh, but my ering is a halo - not sure I'd wear a solitaire as a rhr if my ering was a solitaire too. But I don't think it looks odd on others, just personal preference.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wear a solitaire on my right hand sometimes. Any excuse to have extra sparkles makes me happy!

I don't care what anyone thinks about it but no one has commented.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iluvshinythings|1425654894|3842788 said:
I wear a solitaire on my right hand sometimes. Any excuse to have extra sparkles makes me happy! I don't care what anyone thinks about it but no one has commented.

This! ;))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1425606851|3842575 said:
diamondseeker2006|1425604315|3842548 said:

Ah! I assumed the title was the question so I said yes. But no. Its not weird at all IMHO. But then again my e ring looks a bit like rhr, so I don't really care much about what goes where

Thanks for looking out ds I really answered that totally worng :lol:

I came very close, myself. I really think the poll won't be accurate due to many people answering the thread title question. So I hope she just goes by the posts in the thread.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Which question are we answering?

Does it look odd? NO.

Do I wear one? YES (sometimes)

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Why I wear my 3.66 EC on my right hand because I wear my eternity band on the left. I am also left handed so the big rock on my right doesn't get in my way.

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
junebug17|1425654338|3842782 said:
I usually don't wear rhrs but if I did I'd be fine with wearing a solitaire on my rh, but my ering is a halo - not sure I'd wear a solitaire as a rhr if my ering was a solitaire too. But I don't think it looks odd on others, just personal preference.

Junebug, I've admired your setting for a while. Where did you get it from? (Sorry for the thread jack, but I've been dying to know and this seemed like a good time to ask!) I've just done my once-and-done reset so I'm not on the market, but I am merely curious from an admiration point of view. ;)) Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results