shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you think this SI1 would be eye clean?

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone,

I have this SI1 on hold that I am considering for my upgrade:

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/0.90-carat-f-color-si1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-370248

The rep says it should be eye clean, but a see quite a few black crystal/carbon inclusions when I rotate the diamond. I know these images are magnified a ton, so I am having a hard time imaging their real life perspective. I am a little nit picky and am wondering what opinions are regarding whether or not the inclusions would be noticeable to a picky person after the diamond is placed in a setting? My color preference is F/G, so I'm thinking I could sacrifice clarity to get the size I want within my budget, as long as my eye isn't going to be constantly drawn to visible inclusions. Do you think these would be visible at all?
Any thoughts on this diamond otherwise? It has a HCA of 0.7 and a small 55% table. I have noticed lots of PSers like small tables. Any opinions would be appreciated:)

Thanks in advance!

Edited to add: The inclusion that concerns me the most for eye visibility is located at about 2 o'clock on the rotatable picture of the diamond.

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
Unlikely to see that inclusion unless you have very good eyes and are looking for it/examining it closely. Certainly not from normal viewing distances.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ask gemologist.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1421302396|3816646 said:
Ask gemologist.
Hi Gypsy,
I did put in a request to have the gemologist check to see if it is eye clean. They will let me know if the inclusions can be seen from 10" away. I was hoping some other picky PSers might have experience with similar SI1 stones and could let me know if they ever see or notice the inclusions in real life wear. I would just hate to spend this much money and then have my eyes be focusing on this tiny inclusion that I know is there all of the time. I am hoping these are too small to see even up close.
What are your thoughts on the stone otherwise?

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
teobdl|1421301351|3816641 said:
Unlikely to see that inclusion unless you have very good eyes and are looking for it/examining it closely. Certainly not from normal viewing distances.
Thanks so much! This is what I was hoping to hear :)

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
I recently acquired a SI2 stone and was worried, too. I can not see anything unless looking with with a 10X loupe. Obviously, no diamond is created equally and mine has a different GIA report with different inclusions. But, I thought I'd express this to help allay your concerns. But, I do agree you have to see it for your own eyes, as well as let the gemologist weight in. JA has a return policy on loose stones, right? That should help, as well, at least in knowing you could return or exchange if need be.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, me personally, I'd be quite worried about those two crystals just outside the table - they look dark in color and I do think I'd be able to see them - but my own definition of eyeclean is from 6" top and sides, not 10".

If you've got the time and the money, and if the gemologist says it is eyeclean, I'd suggest having it sent to you loose first, for your own inspection, before having it set.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
SparklySoprano- Thanks for sharing your experience. It does help put my mind at ease to know you can't see any inclusions in your SI2.

marymm- I think my definition of eye clean is similar to yours. Those two little dark crystal you mentioned are the ones I was worried about. If it comes back as eye clean, I will take your advice and have them send it to me loose before having them set it.

Thanks!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results