shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you think these jackets will work for my studs?

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
After seeing Cellentani's beautiful 3 pointer jackets, I had to call IDJ to see what they had available for my studs.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/first-idj-venture-new-jackets-setting-plus-eye-candy.172216/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/first-idj-venture-new-jackets-setting-plus-eye-candy.172216/[/URL]

My studs are .31 ct each (4.33 - 4.36 mm) and are set in 8-prong settings. Luann informed me that I should go with the jackets that hold .5 ct each studs because they only come in .25 ct increments so the next size down would be too small. She thought this would work because the studs have 8 prongs. Otherwise, I would have to go custom. Since they have a great return policy, I decided to order them and should have them in a few weeks. I just wanted to see what you guys think while I wait for them to be made though - are jackets for .5 ct studs going to have a huge airline with my .31 ct studs or do you think it will look ok because they are in 8-prong settings? The prongs looks so tiny to me, I honestly don't feel like they will really fill up that much space. For those of you with jackets, what has your experience been?

Should I just take this as a sign that I need to upgrade to larger studs? :wink2:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH, I'd totally take it as a sign to upgrade to larger studs!!! Messages come in all sorts of forms!!! ;)) :wink2: :Up_to_something:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your studs, and I love those jackets!! I definitely agree re. going up to the next size though. The 8 prongs are merciless - they can't find crevices and snuggle in like 3/4prong settings do. I honestly don't think there will be a big airline at all :sun:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi said:
OH, I'd totally take it as a sign to upgrade to larger studs!!! Messages come in all sorts of forms!!! ;)) :wink2: :Up_to_something:

Haha, I knew I could count on PSers to lead me in that direction :naughty: I would probably have to go a tad down in color, since my current studs are Fs, but I think I might be ok with that... Definitely will consider it if the stock jackets look goofy with my current studs because it honestly might cost just as much to go with custom jackets as it would to upgrade my studs a bit!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Yssie said:
I love your studs, and I love those jackets!! I definitely agree re. going up to the next size though. The 8 prongs are merciless - they can't find crevices and snuggle in like 3/4prong settings do. I honestly don't think there will be a big airline at all :sun:

Thank you Yssie! And I know, I can't wait to get these jackets, Cellentani's look so stunning. I'm glad you think these will work because I really can't stand the look of a big airline and I don't want to upgrade my studs just yet, since I just got these a few months ago and I'm happy with the size (at least for now :naughty: )

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Upgrade! Upgrade! Upgrade! And get the jackets! They are divine! :love:

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you see on Diamond Bistro that there are a pair of jackets for $525? Not scalloped like the ID ones but maybe worth a look!

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
In my opinion, definitely upgrade. I am a lurker and after I saw a photo of the earring jackets from IDJ, I fell in love and ordered them too! They are being made up for me. In the past 5 years I have made several purchases from IDJ. When I ordered my earring jackets in person, I told Yukutiel that what I loved about C's earring jackets was that I wasn't able to see any spaces between the studs and the jackets and that is the look I want. Luckily, my studs are .50 each so hopefully I will end up with earrings and jackets that closely resemble C's.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I should have known the majority of responses would be to upgrade :bigsmile:

I ordered the jackets today and I'm definitely going to wait until I get them and see how they look with my current studs before I consider upgrading. If there is a big airline, then I'll either return the jackets or upgrade to slightly larger studs.

deco - I checked out the ones on DB but I definitely want the 3 pointers and the scalloped edge.

JLW05 - Post pics when you get them! How many prongs are on each of your studs?

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
My diamonds have four prongs but I will have have the diamonds reset in order for them to fit into the jacket properly. I brought my earrings with me when I ordered the jackets. Not really a problem as my diamonds are currently set in yellow gold and I now prefer white gold.

I will try to post when I get the jackets. For some reason my new camera does not take good shots of jewelry. I tried taking photos of two antique rings I just recently purchased new diamonds for but the diamonds come out cloudy and out of focus. The photos did not do the rings justice. I don't know what I am doing wrong but any hints would be appreciated.

misssoph

Shiny_Rock
Hello ladies.
I absolutely understand if you would rather not answer.......but you give me a very rough idea of the price quoted for these jackets ? Eg less than $1000 or more.
I have been looking at the Brian Gavin heart jackets which are $ 875 , but I prefer the scalloped look of the bigger stones in the idjewellry ones if not too expensive. I don't want to bother them if they are clearly (more than $1000) out of my price range, as the $875 is roughly the max I would like to spend.
Cheers

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

misssoph

Shiny_Rock
stargurl78|1331833246|3149323 said:
JLW05 - I have a hard time taking good pics as well. Here is a thread with some tips:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-to-take-good-photos-of-your-diamonds.102989/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-to-take-good-photos-of-your-diamonds.102989/[/URL]

misssoph - I don't really feel comfortable stating the price on here, I'm sorry. But give IDJ a call or send them an email and they will happy to give you a price depending on the size you are looking for.

No problems, I understand
Cheers

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results