shape
carat
color
clarity

do you think H&A just a MIND CLEAN thing?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i''ve seen a few well cut non H&A stones that are amazing
30.gif
i couldn''t pick them apart from a H&A stone if my life depended on it,but then my last 3 purchases were all H&A stones.
Idunno1.gif

so,do you think you can see the difference b/t a well cut non H&A and a true H&A stone?
9.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Probably depends on the size of the diamond for me. I have a .6 ct H&A and I can''t really see anything without a loupe.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I do think H&A is a mind-clean thing.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I doubt that most of us could tell a well cut stone from a true H&A stone. In that respect, it is a mind issue - not sure about mind clean!

No one else in my world understands or appreciates H&A - but most of them are able to see the difference between a well cut stone and a mediocre one.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I own both and I know I can''t see the difference. So yes, I do think it''s a mind issue.

However, for someone that doesn''t know anything about cut, getting a top perfomer that''s an H&A is usually the safest bet.

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2010 9:16:36 PM
Author: elle_chris
I own both and I know I can''t see the difference. So yes, I do think it''s a mind issue.

However, for someone that doesn''t know anything about cut, getting a top perfomer that''s an H&A is usually the safest bet.

I agree with elle chris. I think it''s safe, especially when buying online (basically sight unseen).

Other cuts sparkle,too. I think H & A is impt only for sparkle--I don''t care about the patterning, personally.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
For those of you who own both, are they the same size?

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
dreamer- Yep. I own a bunch of loose half carats. Some from JA, and some WF ACA''s. (they''re for my 5 stone to eternty ring project). Side by side, you can''t tell them apart.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I guess I don''t fully understand the question... (not unusual for a DF question, though!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
)

What exactly are we comparing? Something that just misses the mark of being a "true H&A", like an ACA vs an ES? Then, no, realistically, I probably couldn''t visually tell a difference without a loupe.

But there are lots of lovely diamonds out there not cut to H&A specs, and don''t even TRY to be H&As... and to me, those look rather "chaotic"... and I can absolutely tell the difference between one of those and an H&A.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2010 9:47:34 PM
Author: Lynn B
What exactly are we comparing? Something that just misses the mark of being a 'true H&A', like an ACA vs an ES? Then, no, realistically, I probably couldn't visually tell a difference without a loupe.

But there are lots of lovely diamonds out there not cut to H&A specs, and don't even TRY to be H&As... and to me, those look rather 'chaotic'... and I can absolutely tell the difference between one of those and an H&A.
Right. That was my question too. Do we mean a perfect H&A, where everything is in absolutely perfect symmetry, not a shadow's width off? Or by "non-H&A" do we merely mean something that approaches a strict H&A but where the hearts and arrows may not be perfect?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2010 10:43:20 PM
Author: Hest88

Date: 3/30/2010 9:47:34 PM
Author: Lynn B
What exactly are we comparing? Something that just misses the mark of being a ''true H&A'', like an ACA vs an ES? Then, no, realistically, I probably couldn''t visually tell a difference without a loupe.

But there are lots of lovely diamonds out there not cut to H&A specs, and don''t even TRY to be H&As... and to me, those look rather ''chaotic''... and I can absolutely tell the difference between one of those and an H&A.
Right. That was my question too. Do we mean a perfect H&A, where everything is in absolutely perfect symmetry, not a shadow''s width off? Or by ''non-H&A'' do we merely mean something that approaches a strict H&A but where the hearts and arrows may not be perfect?
yes,a perfect H&A vs a 0 cut stone of the same specs.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are WF expert selection stones H&A? I cannot tell the difference between my ES and my ACAs. Also, cannot tell the difference between those and another of my well-cut stones.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2010 12:11:01 PM
Author: MC
Are WF expert selection stones H&A? I cannot tell the difference between my ES and my ACAs. Also, cannot tell the difference between those and another of my well-cut stones.
MC...think some of them are indeed H&A but didn't make Ideal,Ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results