shape
carat
color
clarity

discount diamond dealers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone;
I have been looking around to see what diamond solataire pendants cost, im not going to buy one real soon but I hope to in the not too distant future. I would like to get something around the .75 to 1.0 carat range.
I see for a ideal cut diamond they are expensive, and i know that you get what you pay for, especially with diamonds. But I see some places that claim they sell discounted or wholesale diamonds. Are they really a deal at those places or do they really just sell low quality for low cost diamonds?
thanks.

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
I heard of a place called The Jewelry Factory, they claim that all there jewelry will be appraised for double what you pay. Then the other I heard of is Empire Diamond, in NYC, they say they have discount prices. Thanks

Phil

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Phil,

Use the search box near the top right corner of the page for the name of the dealers that you are considering and you can see if other people have made comments about them.

Watch out for claims about what things will appraise for. This is a trap and the intention is to get your mind off of the offer at hand. Why do you want an appraisal that says something is 'worth' 2,3 or 10 times what it costs?

An appraisal is a description of the item and an estimation of how it will behave in a particular marketplace. This seems relatively clear until you ask what marketplace is being described. They are not all the same and if the one being described doesn’t apply to your situation it is useless. The fact that a store in Aspen might be asking a lot of money for an item superficially similar to the one you’re looking at is completely unimportant if you aren’t planning on shopping in Aspen anyway. An appraisal that states this, even if correct, is not providing you any useful information and is not evidence that you are getting a bargain. Look at each deal on the merits of the deal, not how it might compare to a hypothetical deal somewhere else where you don’t know the details. One thing is very clear in the jewelry business. Details matter. Sometimes they matter a lot.

Asking a lot of money for an item is not the same as getting it. Putting a big number on a price tag and then ‘discounting’ it does not cause it to be a bargain. Putting a big number on a piece of paper and calling it an appraisal is no more difficult and the result is no different.
Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I heard of a place called The Jewelry Factory, they claim that all there jewelry will be appraised for double what you pay.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is a well known jewelry retailer with stores nationwide that sell all their jewelry at 50% off EVERYDAY of every year.
The ticketed price is meaningless as no item ever sells for that price. As usual...buyer beware, do some comparison shopping, ask questions,
and don''t be fooled by misleading claims.

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Buyer beware indeed!!!
2.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
It''s like furniture shopping. Ever been in one of those stores looking for a sofa and they are having a 30% off sale? Then you go back a few months later because you still haven''t bought a sofa yet and you wanted to see what they had now? And everything is still 30% off? The same sofa you were looking at before??? That''s what comes to mind.

The discount on-line diamond sellers are definitely less expensive than going to a mall store. You can also peruse the catalogue without someone saying, "Wouldn''t that look good on YOU! What special occassion is coming up for you -- you need that!" I so love shopping for diamonds on line. The trouble is it is addictive and there are so many OPTIONS! You can drive yourself nuts if you are inclined to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results