shape
carat
color
clarity

Dilemmas on diamond and setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

premium cut

Rough_Rock
What do you think about these numbers for a 1.61 radiant cut?
measurements- 7.38 x 6.55 x 3.99 mm
depth- 60.9
table- 67%
crown height- 10
girdle- medium to slighly thick
cutlet-none
finish-good
polish- good
symmetry-good
clarity grade- vs1
color grade- E
fluorescence- none

Do you think the depth is too shallow, the crown hight too small and the table to big? Am I being to cerebral with the whole dimensions and numbers?

In addition I am interested in the lucida setting for this diamond. I talked with my jeweler and the person who makes this setting will not set it because I did not purchase the diamond from him. What are my options???

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I think the crown height may be a little small and the table a little large, but keep in mind fancy cuts are not always accurately judged by numbers. It could in fact be a very beautiful diamond. Have you seen the diamond? If not, perhaps you would like to have it sent to an independent appraiser in your area for viewing. The Lucida setting could be replicated quite easily, though some jewelers may be hesitant to copy it completely. There are definatly jewelers out there how will set diamonds not sold by themselves, you may just have to hunt around a little. Have you considered Whiteflash? They do beautiful work, and may people here have settings and/or diamonds from them. They are currently setting my diamond, which I got elsewhere ($50 setting fee).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results