shape
carat
color
clarity

Dilemma: Advice needed > Tennis bracelet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssparkles

Rough_Rock
I just registered today although I have been lurking on this site for quite some time now. I have been searching on the FAQs and elsewhere on this site for inspiration about my purchases but time has come for me to post and ask for advices I do not seem to be able to locate answers for.

Here''s my situation. I have a tennis bracelet which I am not totally happy with, and want to do something about it. I bought it with my hard earned money 7 years ago, which meant it was the best one I could afford then. I even had to ask the jeweller to make the length just nice (absolutely without any slack) around my wrist because paying for another 4 stones would cause some financial heartache. He did ask me for my rationale and I had to lie that I do not want the bracelet to get caught onto anything and risk breaking it! (how sad I was)

My bracelet is made up of 50 pcs of 8 pt, FG colour, VS clarity set in a 3 prong setting. The diamonds are Russian cut, so they really sparkle.

Here''s my dilemma because I do not know what is a better choice.

A) Shall I extend this bracelet by another inch (i.e. about 4 more stones) to make it to 6.5 inch long, and change the setting into a Cartier "C" bezel setting, for a fresh new look? I cannot locate any pictures to show what I mean.

B) Trade-in this bracelet and upgrade to a 10-pointer tennis bracelet. This would cost more, for sure and I know that. Question is, would wearing a bracelet of 10 pts would awfully glaring? Is it ''acceptable'' for daily casual wear? I am not sure if I would be comfortable wearing it to the supermarket etc.

C) I see all the advices about tennis bracelets alluding to preference for bigger sizes, and more recently on superior cut. Is Whiteflash the only place that sells supercut H&A in small pointers? How do Russian cut diamond compare with H&A, for diamonds smaller than 0.2 ct? Is it worth paying the premium for the diamond in a bracelet?

What would you do if you were in my shoes? I am so excited and so looking forward to your advices.
1.gif

PS: I have seen pictures of Cflutist''s tennis bracelet and I think it''s awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results