shape
carat
color
clarity

Different diamond cuts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought that I remember seeing a chart here once before that had examples of different diamond cuts (Modern RB, OEC, OMC...etc). I have my late MIL''s ering, and it is a round, but the facets look different than the stones in my three stone. If anyone knows where I might be able to find such a chart, I would really appreciate it!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
There''s one in here about halfway down. Also, try searching for OEC, OMC, and the like, and you''ll get many threads. And let us know if you find out what it is!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, and you didn't post a photo of this said ring? *hmph!* Well I dont believe you even have it if you didn't post a photo of it, so there!

But...let's say you DID have it...is the outline/shape more pillowish or cushionish with an open culet? If so it's probably an OMC. If it's round in shape, but with sort of an ice cream cone shape - small table on top, longer crown and/or pavillion with an open culet - then it's probably an OEC. Now if you've got a round shape, with those chunky monkey facets and an open culet AND the proportions are more like a modern RB - larger table, shorter crown - then you've probably got a Transitional Cut. But I'm no expert. That's all I know. Any idea the carat weight? It's probably worth having an expert appraiser take a look, yes? And if it really DOES exist, we probably should take a look too...it's only fair. Since we're so helpful and all...
20.gif
9.gif
31.gif
27.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL Surfgirl, I really do have it. I know that it is not an OMC, and I don''t think that it is an OEC either. It may just be a regular RB with faceting that is not like mine. My RB''s in my three stone are ideal, and I don''t think that MIL''s is...maybe that is what I am seeing. I did post a picture somewhere, but once I shrink it down it no longer looks clear. Drat. I will see what I can do!

Thank you!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back with pictures. Shrinking them down kinda distorts what it is about the faceting that looks different to me. One thing that I know is different, the girdle is not faceted. Anyway, here are some pictures.

cak1.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium

cak2.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium

cak3.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium

cak4.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
5...the diamond looks deep, I cannot tell where it ends! It is like it just fits into this head!

cak5.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/27/2007 10:25:45 PM
Author: surfgirl
Oooh, and you didn''t post a photo of this said ring? *hmph!* Well I dont believe you even have it if you didn''t post a photo of it, so there!

But...let''s say you DID have it...is the outline/shape more pillowish or cushionish with an open culet? If so it''s probably an OMC. If it''s round in shape, but with sort of an ice cream cone shape - small table on top, longer crown and/or pavillion with an open culet - then it''s probably an OEC. Now if you''ve got a round shape, with those chunky monkey facets and an open culet AND the proportions are more like a modern RB - larger table, shorter crown - then you''ve probably got a Transitional Cut. But I''m no expert. That''s all I know. Any idea the carat weight? It''s probably worth having an expert appraiser take a look, yes? And if it really DOES exist, we probably should take a look too...it''s only fair. Since we''re so helpful and all...
20.gif
9.gif
31.gif
27.gif
Not really sure...It is bigger than my .51 RB, and it looks like it is bigger than my .62 pear. If I had to guess, I would say around .80. I know that I should have it appraised (I am sure that there is some sort of an appraisal, but who know where). I am thinking of resetting it, so I was going to have all that done while it is loose.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results