shape
carat
color
clarity

did i just buy a fish eye diamon???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mingky

Rough_Rock
The diamond i ordered just arrived. not really a diamond expert so need the help of u guys to gimme ur 2 cent.

The diamond is selling for $3490, GIA cert.
Color: E, Clarity: vs1
Shape and cutting style: round brilliant
measurements: 6.09-6.12-3.71
weight: 0.87 ct
depth: 60.8%
table: 63%
girdle: medium, faceted
culet: none
polish: vg
symmetry: vg
characteristics: crystal, cloudy
fluorescence: mb

note: it says crown angles are greater than 35 degress.

Just gimme honest opinion. I can return the diamond IF it's a really terrible deal. and one last thing. How do i find out the pavilion angle?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The diamond is a "so-so" cut. Not terrible and not fine. I would be concerned with the combination of fluorescence and cloudiness. If it is not 100% appealing to you, then short cut the entire issue and send it back. If you love it and find it is priced fairly, based on a Pricescope search for similar, then no problem. It is very likely NOT a fisheye, as it is of normal depth.

lugerxu

Rough_Rock
I appreciate the expert knowledge you guys provide. Helps people like me understand diamond quality a lot more in depth.

Why is the cut on the above diamond "so-so"? Is it because the table % is bigger than the depth %?

vision

Rough_Rock
i am sure it's not a fish eye.
it is not the best of cut but it's decent enough.
you get fish eye normally if table is very high and depth really low.
but the main issue is it should appeal to your eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results