shape
carat
color
clarity

Dianomd Specs HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ms101

Rough_Rock
I''m looking at purchasing a new ED that is EGL certified. 1.5 cts, SI1, H, Polish & Symmetry Very good. EGL cert says proportions are within tolerance of Tolkowsky ideal cut. Table 55.0%, Depth 63.3%, Crown 16%, Pavilion 43% HCA gives it a 2.0 Any thoughts or comments?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
have you seen this stone?

ms101

Rough_Rock
No, I have not seen yet. Would these proportions be considered an ideal cut?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/1/2005 12:44:20 PM
Author:ms101
I''m looking at purchasing a new ED that is EGL certified. 1.5 cts, SI1, H, Polish & Symmetry Very good. EGL cert says proportions are within tolerance of Tolkowsky ideal cut. Table 55.0%, Depth 63.3%, Crown 16%, Pavilion 43% HCA gives it a 2.0 Any thoughts or comments?
EGL european stones will bring a lower price. looks deep.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2005 1:24:28 PM
Author: ms101
No, I have not seen yet. Would these proportions be considered an ideal cut?
not my idea of ideal. as df mentioned, the stone is deep. it could still be very nice to your eye but you should expect a discount.

ms101

Rough_Rock
Why does EGL bring a discount? U realize depth will take away from spread, so it will look smaller. How big a discount? What do you think value is? I don''t know exact price, but something close to $10k.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
EGL graded diamonds are normally considerably less than GIA grades because many believe that GIA is the industry standard and that EGL grading isn't as accurate, possibly by 1 - 2 grades higher than the diamond actually deserves in some cases. However I have heard that EGL USA have tightened their standards considerably this past year. Properly graded EGl diamonds can be a great bargain in some instances, is this diamond EGL USA or Israel or Antwerp? This diamond is quite deep, but it depends if you like it and the price is right.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2005 1:52:20 PM
Why does EGL bring a discount? U realize depth will take away from spread, so it will look smaller. How big a discount? What do you think value is? I don''t know exact price, but something close to $10k.
egl isn''t as highly regarded as gia or ags and can sometimes be ''soft'' in there grading. this means that a stone graded ''h'' by egl might actually be graded ''i'' or even ''j'' by gia or ags. and yes, a deeper stone can contribute to making a stone of a certain carat weight look smaller than others of similar carat weight.
here is a stone that i would consider to be of ideal proportions.

ms101

Rough_Rock
wow belle! that stone looks great. For the same money, would you buy that one over the one I was considering? You are losing color from H to I, if grading is accurate. I''m new to diamond buying - still a little nervous buying over internet. Do I need to get over that?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2005 2:48:52 PM
wow belle! that stone looks great.
i know!
3.gif

For the same money, would you buy that one over the one I was considering?
defintely.

You are losing color from H to I, if grading is accurate.
the key there is...''if the grading is accurate'' even if it is, ''h'' and ''i'' are very similar and both will face up very white in a well cut stone.

I''m new to diamond buying - still a little nervous buying over internet. Do I need to get over that?
if you buy from a reputable vendor you have nothing to worry about. i have personally dealt with wf and can highly recommend them..without worry.
2.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Belle''s Whiteflash stone will outperform the one you were considering. My engagement ring is from Whiteflash and I''ve been a happy customer. I highly recommend them too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results