shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamonds of the Dead running $13,999/.99 carat

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blueman33

Shiny_Rock
How would your Uncle Leo rate on the HCA?

How big a rock could you get from Muffin, your Chiuaua?

If your kid''s hampster bit dust, would you make a diamond out of the little rat for $2399 or toss him and go to the pet shop and get one ''just the right size'' and hope for the best?

If Aunt Thelma was a diamond would she have perfect proportions, or still be a little thick around the girdle?

Would you buy someone''s discontinued husband even if discounted?

When they cut a diamond from your loved one, do you keep the bits and pieces?

Is there an ''aftermarket'' for these?

Could the appraisers from Pricescope tell the difference in a man diamond, a woman diamond, a cat diamond, or a doggy diamond?

Should I give my precious wife-to-be someone she knows?

Do you hand down your Granny Rock to your kids?

http://www.lifegem.com/secondary/whatisLG.asp

Any takers????????????????

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
I just heard about this today from my gem ident instructor at GIA. According to him the average human being yields about .30 carats. Kind of depressing I thought.
sick.gif

Blueman33

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 9/21/2004 9:44:51 PM fuffi wrote:

I just heard about this today from my gem ident instructor at GIA. According to him the average human being yields about .30 carats. Kind of depressing I thought.
sick.gif
----------------

Soooooooooo....if the average human is less than a third a carat, how do they sell .9 carat stones AND......AND mind you......off a discount if you buy more than one. Padding the old carbon count or what?

Seriously, this just not my style. But I thought it humorous if you looked at it in the right way. or sad or sick.......but 'great idea' never occurred to me.

purduephotog

Rough_Rock
Actually I think the statistic is 8oz of carbon is needed to make a 1ct stone.

As a very humorous thought, I could undergo liposuction and have the fat burned to ash.... and then convert it to a diamond... and give the gf a little piece of me
1.gif

Sick but yet oh so funny once you get over that.
eek.gif

Zeppelin

Rough_Rock
The other forum I post on has a emoticon where a face is puking. That would be appropriate here.

purduephotog

Rough_Rock
There is a quote I read about the process, I guess it's on their site (as I cant imagine where else I would have heard it) a Japanese man contacted them about having his wife converted. He traveled by plane with her ashes in his possession to the company, handed them off to the president- because he felt she shouldn't have to make the trip alone.

Now I can't type that without getting emotional. So I'm pretty surprised, probably from the light nature of the first post, that people are becoming so very offended by the nature of their business.

After all, we are all just a part in the 'cycle of life' - there's atoms in you from every other person that lived upon this earth (and not only the cow you ate the other day). They've gotta come from somewhere. Here's an opportunity to turn a death into a celebration of life and beauty again.

My opinion, of course.

christarose

Rough_Rock
My reaction went from
confused.gif

to
14.gif

to
9.gif

especially after re-reading the first post - too funny! I wonder if they can tell "who's who" - or if you could accidentally take home someone's pet instead of your murdered ex-wife...very very strange....

yowahking

Shiny_Rock
I am not offended by the nature of the business, just doubt that they are really doing what they say they are doing. That is offensive. I know the Gemesis people and you can not order an assortment of sizes and get what you order. According to the life cycle people, you can order many stones from Grandma.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This "thing" came up a few times on PS... Just disturbing.

The unpalatable aftertaste is still here after the first mention, months and months ago. Hopefully their adds will never get too well known. It would be such a shame
sick.gif

purduephotog

Rough_Rock
Howdies Ana
1.gif

If you're going to keep Grandma's ashes in an urn on the mantel, under her picture, wouldn't a sparkly yellow diamond, under her picture, be a better choice?

Actually totally unrelated to this... there's that research school that can grow diamonds at 1ct / day- type IIB, and they're harder than diamond (approximately 2x, difficult to cut). Now THATS what I'm looking for
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results