shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Trade-ins

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Hello all,
Just a question. Do the vendors like, GOG,Whiteflash, take diamonds in for an upgrade? I am currently thinking of upgrading my stone if my husband allows!
31.gif
I love my stone, but I think I would like something a little larger. Right now I have a 1.20 RADIANT, G, SI1. I was thinking of going to a 1.50 -1.80 range, either a radiant or princess cut.

Thanks!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
on WF''s website it says that they don''t take diamonds purchased elsewhere for trade ins.

Jean

Shiny_Rock
I had a feeling that would be the case.

Thanks for responding!

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone know of vendors that will do this?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think it is usual for vendors to take trade in on stones that haven't been purchased from them either, some do in certain qualities and cuts that they have previously sold. There is no harm in asking if they will consider your diamond to help purchase another, but I think as a general rule they don't. Your'e existing diamond sounds nice though
31.gif
but upgrading is always fun. I hope you are able to get what you want!

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for responding... we got my ring from Affinity diamonds, I emailed them to know...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
keep trying, you never know, a vendor MIGHT take it in as trade, but I would think you would get a lot less this way than the usual trade up. Then you might have to consider whether it is worth doing it in this manner and if it might be best to keep that diamond too
41.gif
. You could of course try selling it privately, you might get more for it this way, especially if it is certified. Where there''s a will there''s a way! With the holidays coming up there might be someone out there looking for a nice radiant. Good luck!

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the response..... maybe affinity will take it in on trade since I bought it there. If not I will keep it for a while. I love it but I am having some shinkage issues these days!! Maybe my hands are getting fatter or something :) It has a very thick girdle and it makes it look smaller than it is to

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh boy the dreaded DSS!
14.gif
14.gif
One, I won''t say cure
31.gif
, is to put it away for a few days then when you put it back on it looks huge.........it is said...... DIAMONDS DO SHRINK
14.gif
We all go through this, small comfort though it is - you are not alone
2.gif
16.gif
Try Affinity, sniffle, look wistful and pathetic, and see what happens - if not then hang onto yours for the time being and meanwhile keep your eyes peeled in case a good one pops up
41.gif
30.gif

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
We traded in a ring to get my ring made. I dont remember all the specs but is was a 1.1ct F SI2 with 2 sidestoneson each side. The ring appraised at $10k and the jeweler who made my new ring offered me $5000 as a trade in price if I spent at least that much on a new ring. That is really the best possible deal we had and unlike you we just wanted to get rid of the ring (engagement ring he never gave to an ex). From what we found trying to trade in a ring you almost always loose, unless you go to the original place of purchase. I almost think it is better to turn old stone into a pendant and buy a new one. Just my 2 cents from our experience.

Good luck!

recran

Rough_Rock
DirtCheapDiamonds does consignment.

"Diamond Consignment Program - Do you have a diamond you would like to sell, even though you didn''t purchase it from us? Dirt Cheap Diamonds can assist you in selling your diamond via consignment. By utilizing this program, you can put your diamond in front of tens of thousands of potential shoppers every year. The only requirements are that your diamond be at least 1/2ct in size and have a major laboratory certificate. If your diamond doesn''t have a lab certificate we can help you get one. Just ask a Diamond Sales Agent for details."
http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/money.cfm

I like WhiteFlash''s tradeup policy best.
http://www.whiteflash.com/policies/tradeup.aspx

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2005 12:46:42 PM
Author: recran
DirtCheapDiamonds does consignment.

''Diamond Consignment Program - Do you have a diamond you would like to sell, even though you didn''t purchase it from us? Dirt Cheap Diamonds can assist you in selling your diamond via consignment. By utilizing this program, you can put your diamond in front of tens of thousands of potential shoppers every year. The only requirements are that your diamond be at least 1/2ct in size and have a major laboratory certificate. If your diamond doesn''t have a lab certificate we can help you get one. Just ask a Diamond Sales Agent for details.''
http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/money.cfm

I like WhiteFlash''s tradeup policy best.
http://www.whiteflash.com/policies/tradeup.aspx
whiteflash''s doesnt help her though...............

recran

Rough_Rock
I was suggesting that she see if DCD could help her sell hers. Then, if she''s going to want to trade up again, she should consider buying from WF.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results