shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond that we are considering buying

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChetLaura

Rough_Rock
We are in the process of buying the following diamond:

1.705 - Round
AGS Triple 0
Depth: 61.1%
Table: 56%
Crown Angle: 34.2
Pavillion Angle: 40.7
Culet: None
Flourescence: None
Clarity: SI1
Color: I
HCA: .7
$9700

Before making our final decision, we would like to make sure that the price for this diamond is in line with all of your expertise. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
:wink2:

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
The price seems pretty much in line. There aren't too many comparisons out there that I can see right now. It's possible that an online vendor may charge somewhat less for something similar, but hard to say. Does the diamond have a grading report from GIA or AGS? Who is the seller of the diamond?

Seems like it will be a pretty stone. :)

ChetLaura

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 3/15/2002 10:40:17 PM

The price seems pretty much in line. There aren't too many comparisons out there that I can see right now. It's possible that an online vendor may charge somewhat less for something similar, but hard to say. Does the diamond have a grading report from GIA or AGS? Who is the seller of the diamond?

Seems like it will be a pretty stone. :)

----------------

Thank you for your response. We are purchasing this diamond from an online vendor the Blue Nile. I know from reading in the different diamond forums that most people find the Blue Nile to be more expensive, but we have not been able to find a comparable quality, size price on this diamond over the past several weeks. This diamond is an AGS Triple 0.

Thanks again for taking the time to give your opinion. We just want to be 100% sure before we make our final decision.
:))

crosado

Rough_Rock
The best price I could find for a similar stone was $9960at www.diamondsatcost.com

----------
Round
I
SI1
GIA
$9960

AGS-000
----------

Slighly bigger than the one you are looking for. No crown or pavillion angles given but you should be able to get those from the seller for the HCA. Perhaps request a discount as well.. who knows

ChetLaura

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the information! We actually did check into that diamond and it is very nice, but it came up a 1.7 on the HCA versus a .7 for the above posted diamond. Since the price is less and the performance appears to be better on the above diamond, we thought that we would stick with that one.

We have checked into several of the diamonds at diamondsatcost, but have not found them to come out better for the money.

Thanks again for the response.
:))

buttercup

Rough_Rock
here is another stone that you might want to consider...
it's a couple hundred dollars more, but maybe sparklier.
http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_70ct_i_si1_ags1.htm
It's an AGS1 instead of AGS0, it gets a 1.7HCA instead of a 0.7HCA. the measurements of this stone 7.75-7.82, what are the measurements of your stone? look at that brilliancescope and firescope image!
some pluses to going with goodoldgold instead of bluenile...
-brilliancescope analysis
-close up pictures of all inclusions
-100% lifetime upgrade policy (***big advantage***)
-lifetime buyback policy (***another advantage***)
-same return policy, but more personal service
the think i like about this AGS1 diamond over an unseen AGS0 is you know this one has a certain amount of internal symmetry by the firescope image.

but i'm sure your AGS0 is quite lovely too.

ChetLaura

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the opinion/response. We have been watching Goodoldgold for the past several months also. We have seen the diamond that we are purchasing, and it is breathtaking. I agree that we would get some extra's with going with Goodoldgold, but this will be our last big diamond purchase so we will not be trading in or upgrading this stone again. This is a ten year anniversary gift.

Thanks again for taking the time to look and offer your advice. We will look at that diamond again though to make sure!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results