shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Studs, and what other diamond/jewelry daily??

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone, as some of you know, I'm taking the first baby steps toward making diamond studs an item I would like to wear on a daily basis. I just pierced my ears today and am surprised at how blingy it is to wear diamonds so close to the face! It's sooooo different from wearing it on your fingers. I think people notice diamond studs way more immediately than they notice a blingy ring. Am I wrong? I on there other hand don't even remember it's there, but I think they can be very noticeable, especially if they are bigger and the hair is pulled back.

So here are my questions. Do you mind posting pictures of the jewelry you wear on a daily basis, rings, necklace, earrings, bracelets, etc...?? I found a thread on it but the last time anyone posted was in 2008. And if people comment on your jewelry, what is it that they notice first? What gets the most attention? What pieces do you love wearing the most? Are there certain rules that some people follow? If you have very blingy earrings, do you maybe not wear a big solitaire, or necklace? Or what?? I'm just really curious about people's level of comfort and how accustomed they are to wearing their jewelry.

Thanks for sharing... :)

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Another interesting post! And I also have these feelings. I like to wear both of my solitaire rings daily ( one on each hand ) so I tend to tone down the other jewelry, my recent favs are some low key rose quartz earrings, that's it.

I would love diamond studs as well but really feel I will be too blinged out, ditto with the line bracelet I would love to wear.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear either diamond studs or diamond dangle when I leave the house. My diamond studs about about 1.70 tcw OECs and the dangles are about 0.30 tcw. Other than that I just wear my rings either my engagement ring which is a MRB with tapered baguettes and the eternity ring I wear with it, or just my '20's wedding ring for less diamond-y days. I don't normally wear more than that daily. It's too much for what I do.

I have long curly hair and I'd say that my earrings hardly get noticed but I mostly wear my hair down. I love that I can cover them with my hair if it's late at night. I live in London so commenting on jewellery or speaking to anyone isn't the norm. Perhaps they do get noticed.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this thread.. I recently sold my diamond huggies because I never wore them. I would put them on and then take them off deciding they were too Blingy with everything else I had on. :((

I wear my e-ring, a band or two or three with it, my studs 1.75 tctw, my DBTY necklace and bracelet and my Cartier small tank watch every day.

I will add on sometimes my DBTY RG bracelet from JbEG, or my DBTY sapphire bracelet, and a second necklace my diamond cross necklace or my .80 WF pendant. I will also wear my EC on my right hand some days and others it hangs out in the jewelry box.

I also have a diamond bangle I have worn maybe four times this year... But only at night going out. I've never worn it during the day.

I'm going to miss my huggies but seriously I wore them maybe four times this year and that's just silly! So I let them go.

I think sometimes I'm more self conscious because my friends are not as blinged out and I get no pleasure in winning the ct count. Silly, I'm probably the only one thinking this or should I say "over thinking"?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My current job requires me to wear a navy polo shirt on a daily basis, and I believe it is too casual to wear with my diamond studs.

I have a few pairs of earrings that I rotate as daily wear, the pearls are real except for one pair of 11mm Majorca pearls, the others are CZs in rhodium plated silver.

I wear these two rings on a daily basis, my small 3-stone ruby in 18K WG, and my small EC in platinum, and they come off whenever I need put a pair of gloves on for my line of work:

smallrubyring.jpgsmallecring.jpg

Don't bother with bracelets and watches anymore, again, just don't feel right wearing too much bling with a polo shirt.

Sometimes I wish I were back in one of my previous jobs where a smarter attire was required and expected, so that I could wear my pearls and more jewellery without feeling out of place. The whole smart work wardrobe has been neglected since 2010 except for the odd trip to visit clients and attend meetings/conferences.

However, I do not miss the grief that was associated with a demanding job that required looking after people!!!

DK :))

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear diamond studs, solitaire ER w/ wedding band on the left, 2 pave diamond eternity bands or french cut eternity band on the right depending on the day. I'm not a big necklace person so I usually go w/out.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I wear my 2.41 tcw studs every day just take them off to clean. Really no one comments on these sparklers maybe they think they are not real but they are ideal cut and gorgous so I don't know.

I wear my 3.66 emerald cut ERing on my right hand sometimes with my tiny rose gold band with a hand made rose gold band by my friend o my middle right finger.

on the left hand i wear my 4.5 carat emerald cut eternity band.

i change my watch a have a couple of colors I don't really wear my diamond ebel anymore the face is so small

I sometimes wear either my stacks alex and ani bracelets i have 7 or my stacked stainles ar nd diamond bracelets my kids gave me for my 50 I have 4 of them.

I have ton of other bracelets never wear them.

I change my necklace frequently I collect tiny treasure diamond pendants. Today I am wearing my rose gold dbty choker.

If anything I get comments on my Ering every day. but again never on my studs which are most prized possession and noone ever notices .

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Daily wear is my halo ERing and lightly blingy WB, plus large CZ studs or my .5 ctw bezel diamond studs in the ears depending on the outfit. I have a 1ct diamond solitaire pendant which I sometimes wear depending on the neckline of my outfit.

Evening wear is the same but I add a few RHRs with colored stones.

My haircut is a short asymmetrical bob so I can't do ponytails and my ear lobes are usually covered. This is why I haven't yet put the money into large studs but I want to!! I just bought some preowned 5.6mm haloed studs that arrive next week. I can feel it in my bones that'll be my gateway drug to larger studs next year!

If I have to attend something conservative, I'll bust out the pearl necklace and earrings.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I alternate between diamond and pearl earrings so I either wear my 2ct diamond studs or 10mm pearl studs. I have a lot of hair and usually wear it down so need earrings that will show up against thick long hair. I also wear my 3ct eternity wb and a watch (no diamonds) on daily basis. Then depending on my mood, I either wear one of my pearl strands or a diamond pendant. I honestly feel like it's not too much bling at all to wear diamond earrings with an eternity band and a pendant. No one typically comments on my jewelry but a lot of people at my job wear substantial diamonds rings and earrings.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my "diamond uniform" every day: studs, ER, 2 WBs, tennis bracelet, pendant. I bling it up with a variety of RHRs and some other bracelets for dress-up.

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Everyday pieces - 3.5ctw 3-stone ering and 2.4ctw studs. I would like to add a band to go with my 3-stone as another everyday piece. As an alternative to my 3-stone ering, my mom just gave me a ring that was my great great aunt's and is probably 80-90 years old. It has a small diamond (40 pointer) with sapphire side stones that I will wear when I want to be a little more understated.

A few days/week (when the necklines/sleeves accomodate), I'll add my diamond pendant and/or my 5.4ctw tennis bracelet (just got this recently as a 10-yr anni gift so I do wear it when I can).

I L.O.V.E. wearing diamonds. There is something that feels so luxurious about wearing beautiful diamonds. I'm currently a SAHM (about to go back to work 2 days/week), and I don't hesitate to wear my pieces when I can. I obviously won't wear them if I feel like I'll be unsafe or will draw unwanted attention, but in general, I wear and love my jewelry. I've actually sold a few things, so I now have the basic pieces that I really love.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got my ears pierced at 40 for the first time ... and have not been able to get into the habit of wearing earrings. Been thinking lately about selling them all! Don't think I can because several have sentimental value.

Right now I've just been wearing my e-ring & wedding band. And my men's size black faced stainless swiss watch when I go out. I used to wear one of a few necklaces everyday. And used to wear earrings. Maybe it's just because I'm working @ home right now and LAZY about primping. **shrug**

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1383470273|3549443 said:
I love this thread.. I recently sold my diamond huggies because I never wore them. I would put them on and then take them off deciding they were too Blingy with everything else I had on. :((

I wear my e-ring, a band or two or three with it, my studs 1.75 tctw, my DBTY necklace and bracelet and my Cartier small tank watch every day.

I will add on sometimes my DBTY RG bracelet from JbEG, or my DBTY sapphire bracelet, and a second necklace my diamond cross necklace or my .80 WF pendant. I will also wear my EC on my right hand some days and others it hangs out in the jewelry box.

I also have a diamond bangle I have worn maybe four times this year... But only at night going out. I've never worn it during the day.

I'm going to miss my huggies but seriously I wore them maybe four times this year and that's just silly! So I let them go.

I think sometimes I'm more self conscious because my friends are not as blinged out and I get no pleasure in winning the ct count. Silly, I'm probably the only one thinking this or should I say "over thinking"?

I could quote a lot of what Mary said (definitely her last 2 sentences)!

Rings: I always wear my wedding set unless it is somewhere where it could get damaged or it is not appropriate to wear a larger diamond. I wear my 5 stone band on those occasions.

Earrings: I alternate Roberto Coin white gold woven hoops and my studs (I could wear them daily, but I like hoops, too!).

Bracelet: I do not wear one daily but I want to get a DBTY bracelet to be a more daily bracelet for my right wrist. There are a couple of other chain bracelets I am interested in from Cartier, too.

Watch: No diamonds for daily watch.

Necklace: I wear a RC wg tiny cross daily.

Everything else, right hand rings, diamond pendants, diamond bezel watch, diamond bracelet, diamond huggies, etc. are worn when I am more dressed up, which isn't all that often! But I don't wear them all at the same time...I'd just add maybe one additional diamond item to the daily pieces. I wear jeans most days, and the diamond e-ring and studs are about the max I can get away with.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi!
I have an easy jewelry "regime" every day. :lol:
I wear my 2.4 carat (4.8 total) diamond stud earrings, a wedding band, and a watch. If I'm wearing a white metal ring I wear my white gold watch.. yellow gold ring.. yellow gold watch. I wear a plain band if I'm going to the supermarket and I will have heavy bags to carry and a diamond one on the other days. Here is a picture of my diamond studs.. sorry for the sideways ear. I tried many a time and can't make the picture rotate!!
I love this thread!! So interesting to see what other jewelry lovers wear.

photo-202.jpg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I switch what jewelry I wear on a daily basis other than my engagement ring and wedding bands.

The things that are commented on most are colored stone items. Often my engagement ring, but if I'm wearing other colored stone items, they're commented on as well. No one has ever commented on my diamond studs (except my mother, who correctly guessed I'd bought them at the gem show) or j-hoops (not even my mother). The only person who has ever commented on either of my diamond pendants is a five-year-old who is very attracted to all bling. Colored stone pendants, earrings, rings all get comments by strangers almost every time I wear them out of the house. I think they're less common so more easily attract attention. I don't wear jewelry to show off for other people, but if I did, I'd definitely stock up on colored stones instead of diamonds.

I don't have any sort of rules I follow... I just wear whatever I want, whenever I want!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every day I wear my 1.1ctw diamond studs, sometimes I change them over to my citrine studs with diamond jackets. I work in the OR so earrings are the only jewellery I can have a bit of fun with - no rings, bracelets etc, obviously. I used to wear a necklace but that proved to be a bad idea with a grabby now 10 month old baby boy ;)) Plus I feel a bit over-blinged with a necklace as well as studs. Outside of work I always wear my wedding set, and usually my 20 pointer eternity as a RHR.

ygthread_003.jpg

whiteflashstuds1.jpg

_11542.jpg

_11543.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes I wear my 'baby ring', a Henri Daussi cushion, or my rolling ring, as a RHR instead. If I'm heading out and about I put on my tennis bracelet too.

dblring1.jpg

braceletidj_1.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
About two years ago I said I felt terrible wearing all my bling because the economy was bad and so many people were out of work. Things have recovered here and I'm back to my bling!
Three pairs diamond earrings each ear, .42/.15/.15 each side; 2.3 ct eternity, 2 cttw three stone, .50 cttw bypass ring, one of my many really nice watches and two bracelets.

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
jill_s|1383505834|3549623 said:
Everyday pieces - 3.5ctw 3-stone ering and 2.4ctw studs. I would like to add a band to go with my 3-stone as another everyday piece. As an alternative to my 3-stone ering, my mom just gave me a ring that was my great great aunt's and is probably 80-90 years old. It has a small diamond (40 pointer) with sapphire side stones that I will wear when I want to be a little more understated.

A few days/week (when the necklines/sleeves accomodate), I'll add my diamond pendant and/or my 5.4ctw tennis bracelet (just got this recently as a 10-yr anni gift so I do wear it when I can).

I L.O.V.E. wearing diamonds. There is something that feels so luxurious about wearing beautiful diamonds. I'm currently a SAHM (about to go back to work 2 days/week), and I don't hesitate to wear my pieces when I can. I obviously won't wear them if I feel like I'll be unsafe or will draw unwanted attention, but in general, I wear and love my jewelry. I've actually sold a few things, so I now have the basic pieces that I really love.

I snapped some pics of a few of my items as I was at the jeweler this morning and he freshly cleaned everything!

_11587.jpg

_11588.jpg

_11589.jpg

_11590.jpg

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock
My daily jewelry will be my e-ring plus a band or two, my 2.85CTTW OEC dangles (when they arrive back from the second attempt at making them), my BGD Barbara pendant (1CT), plus my usual RHRs (antique OEC cocktail ring and OEC three stone) or a RHR stack. I don't wear bracelets or a watch.

I need OEC studs for my second holes to complete my daily look, hopefully in the .75 - 1.00 CTTW range.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohh how exciting!! Congrats on your new (re!?)piercings LLJsmom :appl: I hope they heal quickly and without any drama!!

I have to say that I LOVE the size of your CZs in your ears - methinks your 1.1 really ought to start looking for a mate :bigsmile: They're elegant and they make a statement, exactly what diamonds are supposed to do IMO!

My daily jewellery is simple - but that's mostly because I'm a sloth in the mornings and I'd rather sleep the extra five minutes than primp... I alternate pretty evenly between my 2.5ctw studs/0.1ctw baby bezels and always wear a plain band plus either Ering/eternity.

I don't think there are any rules at all! I think it's perfectly acceptable to wear as much or as little as you're comfortable wearing, no matter what your outfit ::)

ETA: Rubies, have you posted any more photos of your studs? I want to see! PS really needs a 'search images by user' function.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rubies-R-Me|1383518186|3549716 said:
Hi!
I have an easy jewelry "regime" every day. :lol:
I wear my 2.4 carat (4.8 total) diamond stud earrings, a wedding band, and a watch. If I'm wearing a white metal ring I wear my white gold watch.. yellow gold ring.. yellow gold watch. I wear a plain band if I'm going to the supermarket and I will have heavy bags to carry and a diamond one on the other days. Here is a picture of my diamond studs.. sorry for the sideways ear. I tried many a time and can't make the picture rotate!!
I love this thread!! So interesting to see what other jewelry lovers wear.

Rubies, these studs are huge!! :love: :love: But strangely enough they don't look inappropriately large, or maybe a better word is disproportionately large. How does that happen?? They do look just FABULOUS on you. I have to admit, after I started looking at studs, I watched a couple episodes of Housewives of Miami and stared at their ears. There is this one woman who had studs so large they were tipping downward and kinda pulling on her ear. For me, that wasn't a good look. As much as I love huge bling, that looked awkward and did not compliment her ears or face at all.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jill_s|1383603952|3550396 said:
jill_s|1383505834|3549623 said:

I snapped some pics of a few of my items as I was at the jeweler this morning and he freshly cleaned everything!

Jill, that last pic of your bracelet is so casually fabulous. I don't know how you ladies can pull off a diamond bracelet, but you do!! Is there something different about how the stones are set that make each stone seem so distinct? Or maybe it's just that it looks so icy white in that pic. And that diamond and sapphire ring is gorgeous. I have to look up your thread on that.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DandiAndi|1383521802|3549747 said:
Every day I wear my 1.1ctw diamond studs, sometimes I change them over to my citrine studs with diamond jackets. I work in the OR so earrings are the only jewellery I can have a bit of fun with - no rings, bracelets etc, obviously. I used to wear a necklace but that proved to be a bad idea with a grabby now 10 month old baby boy ;)) Plus I feel a bit over-blinged with a necklace as well as studs. Outside of work I always wear my wedding set, and usually my 20 pointer eternity as a RHR.

Dandi, I LOVE how low set that eternity is. Drool, covet, scheme!! :Up_to_something: Project???

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm definitely a "variety is the spice of life" kinda gal, so to take it from the top ....

- I have three sets of balanced piercings (and two YG hoops through the cartilage in one ear), so I'm always either wearing my graduated bezels - 1.43 tcw followed to .50 tcw followed by .12 two in white, yellow, and rose gold - or my graduated star studs in WG with either a pair of SingleStone sapphire dangles, a pair of antique paste earrings (antique cushion cuts in gold ... they're new to me, and I love them), or one of the something-mumble old-cut bezeled sets I've made myself. I have 'em in every size from 6mm to 12mm ... a girl's gotta be prepared!

- I'm always wearing something around my neck. Generally it's my 1.3 bezeled pear on a simple chain, but recently it's been my new Victorian ivy leaf with the calibre sapphires anda platinum lorgnette with my favorite cut of diamonds on the handle on a 36" chain.

As an aside, do you know how hard it is to find lorgnette covers? They used to make magnificent ones of leather with gilt detailing or painted paper mache or precious materials of various sorts, and I'm damned if I can figure out where they've gone ... I mean, it's not like they're the sort of thing that would wear out! So I've taken to making them myself ... at first it was a prototype-to-final-design thing, but now I'm sorta thinking that, yeah, having a few to alternate between could be fetching! My husband, on the other hand, has taken to saying, "Crazy as a woman who's made two ... no, wait, three ... no, wait, FOUR lorgnette cozies ...."

Joke's on him: I'm up to five. And planning to fill the ones I'm not currently wearing. I figure if I've got a MOP one and a silver one and a platinum one, obviously I'll need a gold one (or two, one in YG and one in RG) to round out the collection .... :twisted:

- on my wrists, I'm usually wearing my Art Deco french-cut diamond watch on one hand (though it's been in for repairs for a MONTH now, grrr), but I picked up another recently, with a round face and the most delicate little band of bezeled diamonds you can imagine. I'm guessing I'll alternate (or wear one on each hand, one set to NY Eastern Standard time, and one to ... wherever the heck my husband is that week? I'll figure it out .... :confused: ). But generally, the other hand's either got my Deco ruby line bracelet, or an old diamond watch bracelet that I used to string a moonstone pendant I'd made ages ago.

- ringwise ... I'm usually wearing a stack on each ring finger, with an Edwardian ruby ring on the middle finger of one hand and a Deco ruby ring on the other.

And that's it!

Ahem. Look, I know when I write it all out it sounds ridiculous, but I'm an ample lady with yards of hair, with a great fondness for big skirts and big sleeves and big boots with big heels. It all sort of tends to blend. And I DO tend to balance it a little ... days when I'm wearing dangling earrings, the necklaces are on long chains under my blouse, days when I'm wearing the middle-finger ring on the right hand are days when I skip the bracelet, etc. Interestingly, though I'll freely admit I'm possibly the gaudiest lady to post in this thread, I don't tend to be bothered by it - chalk it up to living in a city where people pierce their cheeks and wear spikes through them like boar tusks, but not only am I not the weirdest person on the street most days, when I DO occasion comment, it is almost always, a) the hair, b) the shoes, or, c) a query about where I got that coat/whatever. The other day an older gentleman in my building grabbed my hand in the elevator and I started telling him about the ring on that finger and he looked at me like I was crazy - he was just admiring my indigo nail polish My theory is that it's one of the best things about living in a place this heavily populated - no matter what, one always has camouflage!

P.S. - Yes, I am familiar with Coco Chanel's maxim about taking one thing off before I leave the house. I do! You'll notice no tiaras, stomachers, brooches, dress clips, or shoe clips make the final cut for daily wear. :tongue:

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear my 1.89ct old cut in filigree platinum mount and platinum wedding band every day.

And my 1 inch white gold hoops and simple watch with a super small face.

C'est tout! ::)

Maybe the opposite or Madam Circe?

I have owned other jewels. Studs. Pendants. Bands. Yet I sold it all. Something wasn't right about each piece in terms of how it felt for everyday wear!

I would like a nicer watch, and at some point I would like a pendant. I have been thinking diamond, but after reading Distracts post I think I should get a colored gem instead! One of those two is my project this year I think.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
LLJsmom|1383627733|3550636 said:
There is this one woman who had studs so large they were tipping downward and kinda pulling on her ear. For me, that wasn't a good look. As much as I love huge bling, that looked awkward and did not compliment her ears or face at all.

Hmm... I don't care if they fall forward lol! I would love to wear studs so big they're kind of lolling about!! :lol:
Praps I've been lurking on PS too long :oops:

not sure I'm pretty enough to wear massive stud solitaires though.... I'm still at step one... planning on ordering a few different fakies to try out the sizes....

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
LLJsmom|1383628261|3550638 said:
DandiAndi|1383521802|3549747 said:

Dandi, I LOVE how low set that eternity is. Drool, covet, scheme!! :Up_to_something: Project???

LLJ if you met dandi in person you'd see she is a very elegant, put-together kind of lady. she's got great style! :)
so... covet away! she won't lead you wrong lol.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe, re: your lorgnettes, do you actually USE them? Like, have your prescription put in the lenses and whatnot? I have found a few I would very much like to buy (while searching for opera glasses, which I would actually use, both at the opera and at, uh, hockey games... though we are in row seven, but the other side of the ice is so far away, you know) but I don't know what I would even do with them. Though I've been toying with the idea of getting a lighted case installed somewhere in my house to display curios in.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results