shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond shopping in Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
My soon to be fiance and I are going diamond shopping in Chicago. We may very likely just use Chicago as a try-on place to find settings I like & to compare stones to all the wonderful ones I''ve seen online. Does anyone have any Can''t Miss stops? I know about the Wabash Street area but would looking for places (Wabash or elsewhere) honest and helpful and carry good quality Princess cut stones. Do any of the jewelers offer the idealscope & other ways to judge princess cut diamonds?

Also, we were going to stop at CD Peacock because they have the Vatche settings and Goldin because they carry Michael B. Any info on these 2 places? Also, since I''m new at this...do we need appointments?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, but if you''ll allow...

while near Jackson & State, don''t forget to stop in at the Berghoff restaurant, for a great formal/informal meal.

I''d forgotten the name, went to Google, typed in "german restaurant Chicago" and it was right up top...a real institution. I think they even have stops at the airport. But, their flagship is downtown.

Now, you can return to your regularly scheduled programming....

tv77

Rough_Rock
We just purchased an e-ring in Chicago, and I recommended the following two locations in a previous post:

Holtzmann''s
2304 N. Clark Street
Chicago, Illinois 60614
(773)529-0010
(773)529-2892 Fax
[email protected]

We purchased the setting from here - ask for Michael. They had beautiful diamonds as well, but we fell in love with the one from Steve Quick. Note: they are closed Sunday and Monday

Steve Quick Jewelers
2471 North Clark Street
Chicago, Illinois 60614
(773) 404-0034

We purchased the diamond from here - ask for Marsha - she was awesome with answering all of our questions and finding exactly what we wanted to see. They have a ton bunch of different settings as well. Note: I think they are open every day, but think Marsha is off on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Tell them you were referred by David Landy - I don''t think they''ll remember me by name since he spent more time there than I did .

Good luck!
-Teresa

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the tip on the Bergoff restaurant. As it turns out the downtown Bergoff is a family tradition....my mom grew up in Chicago and remembers going there with her mother...and then when my mom & I would do a girl''s trip to Chicago we did it too....Now, I''ll have to introduce my soon-to-be fiance to the tradition.

If you like older Chicago restaurants with charm...try Italian Village...in the 3rd story restaurant....they have snuggley booths and twinkling stars overhead....

Thanks for the tips on the jewlers on Clark St.....!

kit0110

Rough_Rock
Hi, I asked the same question a month ago..here''s the post and responses.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/chicago-where-to-go-to-find-a-ring.21555/

We went to those places and settled on Issac at dimendScassi. He''s at 5 South
Wabash on the 17th floor. You need an appointment. He''s very patient and
shows you on a 100x screen what kind of diamond you are getting. Holzmann''s was
friendly as well, but I found Issac more willing to customize the setting to our
specs. For example, I wanted a certain setting, with a princess cut, but also
wanted rubies around the setting. We told him our budget, and he never once
tried to talk us out of the budget. I hope you have a great experience
as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results