shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond ring shopping in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
My bfriend and I recently looked at some rings. I''ve only been to one store -- Tiffany''s (not impressed by the way) -- and tried on one of my friend''s rings. It was a 3 carat cusion with bullets. So gorgeous, but my bfriend is obvioulsy not going to get me the same ring.

We will get the ring made by a jeweler (living in NYC, I have contacts to at least four of them), but I want to try some on.

What are some places in NYC that have a wide variety of rings that I could try? I see so many things on the internet, but I don''t know how they will look on my hand.

Thanks much!

reena

Ideal_Rock
michael c fina is a great place to try on a lot of different types of rings and settings. and, of course, there''s always the diamond district . . .

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
For some reason, the diamond district scares me. Maybe it''s too overwhelming...

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
The diamond district is a great place to see a million (literally) different styles to help you narrow down the look that''s right for you. But you are right to be cautious--it takes a thick skin to plow through there and remain impervious to the hawkers and pushy salespeople in the stores.

I would suggest going through there and other stores (Tiff''s and Michael C Fina are good places to start) and when you know what you want, work with a trusted jeweler to make the ring. You''re lucky--several esteemed Pscope vendors are located in NYC, so you have at least this group from which to choose a diamond and/or setting.

Good luck & remember to enjoy this time in your life!
1.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
yeah, to echo what JFlo said, the DD can be a little intimidating, but if you make it clear that you''re there to browse, you shouldn''t have any problems. and it is a great place to get an idea of what you want!

i''ve actually spent a lot of time browsing in the diamond district, and to be honest, i''ve always had great experiences there. (i do tend to stay out of the stores that have the shady people standing outside trying to lure you in, though.) honestly, i have generally found the people there to be fairly nice and considerate and happy to let you browse. a tad eager to make a sale, perhaps, but i''m always firm about what my intentions are, and it''s fine.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2004 3:37:37 PM
Author: reena
yeah, to echo what JFlo said, the DD can be a little intimidating, but if you make it clear that you''re there to browse, you shouldn''t have any problems. and it is a great place to get an idea of what you want!

i''ve actually spent a lot of time browsing in the diamond district, and to be honest, i''ve always had great experiences there. (i do tend to stay out of the stores that have the shady people standing outside trying to lure you in, though.) honestly, i have generally found the people there to be fairly nice and considerate and happy to let you browse. a tad eager to make a sale, perhaps, but i''m always firm about what my intentions are, and it''s fine.
I agree--I have actually encountered some nice pple there who were not too pushy. Kerry at Firenze was especially nice.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results