shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Recommendations: Round 1.5c, G-F, VSS2-VS1

hchan

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum but have been lurking. I have been doing plenty of research but am still afraid to pull the trigger on purchasing a diamond. Like everyone else, I'm trying to get the most bang for the buck!

I'm looking to spend about 15k on the diamond itself and I think I'd like a round 1.5c, G-F, VSS2-VS1. Can I please have assistance for finding something within my budget. I am willing to go down in size slightly if I can get a quality stone.

I've looked at the following diamonds:

Thanks,
Henry

d13221730.jpg

Attachments

• 6708696.pdf
    688.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 6568116_gia_certificate.pdf
    684.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 6826535_certificate.pdf
    533.3 KB · Views: 43

hchan

Rough_Rock
I also have pictures of the diamonds (Actual/ASET/Idealscope) if needed.

Thanks in advance all!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, please do a separate post on this thread for each diamond with the GIA report and the images and we can tell you which is best!

calebyuen

Rough_Rock
I noticed only 1 of the three had no fluorescence. Have you seen diamonds before with strong blue or other than none? Some people, I for one, only look at diamonds with no fluorescence.

Not sure if you've seen this tool below but it helps estimate the diamonds appeal based on its potential Light Return, Fire, Scintillation and Spread. People recommend under a score of 2. For the GIA report 2186684027 with no fluorescence, it scored a 2.7 which is not bad.

https://www.pricescope.com/tools/hca

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore fluorescence, for another viewpoint, and would always choose it over a diamond without it, all else equal.

hchan

Rough_Rock
Those are the only 2 diamonds I have pictures for.

To be honest I have never seen a diamond with fluorescence and I'm not sure what the lady likes. I'm hesitant to ask her because I want it to be a surprise. I'm leaning toward something with less fluorescence.

Are there any recommendations for heart and arrow diamonds within my price range? I don't mind downsizing a bit if I can stick with my price point.

calebyuen

Rough_Rock
Are you purchasing these online? If so, what sites have you tried searching the diamond on so far?

hchan

Rough_Rock
Yup.. online.

I've browse B2C, Blue Nile, Gavin, James Allen, basically many of the popular ones.

Henry

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You can definitely get that size in that color range and clarity with nice hearts and arrows for 15k. I just saw one at enchanted diamonds for $13,850 after the pricescope discount. I am at work and the internet here is not working for links otherwise I could link you, but it is their item number R153-SBNAU5. Just chat them up and they'll help you pull it up. Another good option that looks like a nice value for the money is R151-G9CXQA. Very minor defects on the ASET and only $12,960 which would free up some money for a nice setting or honeymoon :dance: (assuming this is an engagement diamond).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neither of those stones you posted images for is great. I'd eliminate those.

Your specs are going to limit you to a drop shipper type vendor. So I would also recommend looking at Enchanted Diamonds. In the search options, click stones with pictures only. The sort by cut and look at the stones rated 100 for cut. Then post the ones here you are interested in. It is best when the stone has other images besides the stone image.

JoshuaNiamehr

Shiny_Rock
Trade
diamondseeker2006|1425495444|3841827 said:

Your specs are going to limit you to a drop shipper type vendor. So I would also recommend looking at Enchanted Diamonds. In the search options, click stones with pictures only. The sort by cut and look at the stones rated 100 for cut. Then post the ones here you are interested in. It is best when the stone has other images besides the stone image.

Thanks for recommending us! Just want to clear up any misinformation or misconceptions, Enchanted Diamonds never drop ships. Every stone we sell comes through our office and is thoroughly inspected and verified for authenticity and quality.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoshuaNiamehr|1425510848|3841959 said:

Thanks for recommending us! Just want to clear up any misinformation or misconceptions, Enchanted Diamonds never drop ships. Every stone we sell comes through our office and is thoroughly inspected and verified for authenticity and quality.

Sorry, Joshua! I am not sure of the terminology to differentiate the vendors that primarily have in-house stones and those that deal with a virtual inventory of stones not in-house! Takes more words to say all that!

JoshuaNiamehr

Shiny_Rock
Trade
diamondseeker2006|1425511123|3841961 said:
JoshuaNiamehr|1425510848|3841959 said:

Sorry, Joshua! I am not sure of the terminology to differentiate the vendors that primarily have in-house stones and those that deal with a virtual inventory of stones not in-house! Takes more words to say all that!

Much <3 - virtual inventory is a better way to describe it I think, PriceScope's diamond search differentiates it by using the terms "in-house" and "virtual inventory",drop shipping means the manufacturer/supplier is shipping direct to customers. Drop shipping is something we never do :)

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock

hchan

Rough_Rock
I think I am close to pulling the trigger on the following. I am waiting for pics for another diamond.

gia-certified-1-53-carat-g-color-vs1-clarity-diamond-sbnau5_aro.jpg

gia-certified-1-53-carat-g-color-vs1-clarity-diamond-sbnau5_hrt.jpg

gia-certified-1-53-carat-g-color-vs1-clarity-diamond-sbnau5.jpg

Attachments

• 1189299574.pdf
    690.1 KB · Views: 64

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
hchan|1425571093|3842263 said:
I think I am close to pulling the trigger on the following. I am waiting for pics for another diamond.

great stone

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
If this is in your budget, it looks nice.

After you pull the trigger let us know where you found it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hchan|1425571093|3842263 said:

This one looks lovely! (I believe it is from Enchanted Diamonds)

hchan

Rough_Rock
Before I pull the trigger on 1189299574.pdf, do I have to worry about the table inclusions smack in the middle of the diamond? From my research VS1 should be completely eye clean.

Maybe I'm just seeing things but I think you can make out the inclusions in the middle of the diamond from the picture I posted above... of course the pic is zoomed and enlarged.

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
hchan|1425904941|3844212 said:
Before I pull the trigger on 1189299574.pdf, do I have to worry about the table inclusions smack in the middle of the diamond? From my research VS1 should be completely eye clean.

Maybe I'm just seeing things but I think you can make out the inclusions in the middle of the diamond from the picture I posted above... of course the pic is zoomed and enlarged.

You won't see it. Even with a loupe I bet it would take you a little while to find it. Nothing to worry about on a VS1

hchan

Rough_Rock
Here's the ASET for 1189299574. From my untrained eye the ASET looks very good, reds/blues/greens are symmetrical with no black. Can you guys comments? Thanks again!

r153-sbnau5.jpg

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks pretty good to me too. The red under the table looks a little faint/washed out. Not sure if that is partial leakage or bright backlighting? I doubt it's leaking all the way around because it's still pink, so I am guessing that is due to the backlighting but I am not 100% sure. Maybe someone else will know, but I think it is a good looking ASET.

hchan

Rough_Rock
I just found out the inclusion in the middle of the table is black... I think I will decide to continue my search. :(

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Completely up to you but you will never see the inclusion regardless of color. Not unless you have it under a microscope. You could probably see it under a loupe but I bet it would take you a bit.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results