shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond prices in the next few months

blinglover78

Rough_Rock
You all seem like a pretty savvy group and far more knowledgeable than me as far as diamonds go. While I know there is no crystal ball I was wondering about the more ideal time to make a diamond purchase. Our anniversary is in the next months and I would like to get the best price. Should we buy now or wait? Do you all think that diamonds prices will continue to creep up or is there a glimmer of hope that things could go down a tad. The prices of diamonds continue to shock me. We bought a nice 1.1 carat back in 07 and that same stone is almost 3000 more today. Do diamonds prices go up around holidays such as Christmas, New Years, etc?

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If anyone knew the answer to this one, it would be equivalent to having a printing press for money.
There's simply no way tell.

Common sense would dictate this type of merchandise would get more costly right before the holidays- but if we're speaking of major league diamonds, there's less stones 'floating around" as a lot of cutters send stuff out on consignment- but prices do remain fairly stable regardless of season in my experience

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
My guess based on past experience:
If Christmas sales are good there will be price increases in late jan/feb.
If they are flat or bad they may stay about the same.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results