shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Jackets and Diamond Studs HELP

ryan516

Rough_Rock
I am going to be purchasing my girlfriend of four years a college graduation gift and have decided on a nice pair of studs/jackets. The only problem is that I can't seem to find the right pair. My budget is 2,000$ dollars. I have checked with my local store (Good Old Gold) and was quoted 1395 for .66tw f color s1 clarity uncertified stone studs and 440 for a .23 jacket. Does anyone have a recommendation for a jacket/stud combo? I was hoping to get at least .77 to .85 for the studs. Is this a realistic price considering my price constraints?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few PSers got stud jackets from IDJ and were very happy with them. I see uncerted .8ctw studs for 1350 on their site http://www.idjewelry.com/earring/.. I can't seem to find the page where they had the different jacket option but contact them and they should be able to give you few options.

dawnxcui

Shiny_Rock
ryan516|1416442252|3786792 said:
I am going to be purchasing my girlfriend of four years a college graduation gift and have decided on a nice pair of studs/jackets. The only problem is that I can't seem to find the right pair. My budget is 2,000$ dollars. I have checked with my local store (Good Old Gold) and was quoted 1395 for .66tw f color s1 clarity uncertified stone studs and 440 for a .23 jacket. Does anyone have a recommendation for a jacket/stud combo? I was hoping to get at least .77 to .85 for the studs. Is this a realistic price considering my price constraints?

these are slightly bigger whiteflash studs 0.75tcw for $1,450.15 (wire price). i was just looking at them myself :lol:

Option 1
basket earrings:
http://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-earrings/4-prong-basket-diamond-earrings-398.htm

Option 2
martini 3 prong:
http://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-earrings/3-prong-martini-diamond-earrings-1344.htm

Option 3
erica has these bezel earrings are slightly out of ur budget but it's 1.14ctw, so maybe you can forego the jackets and get them at a later date? :D
http://www.loveaffairdiamonds.com/1...-diamonds-in-sarah-milgrained-bezel-earrings/

Option 4
grace has these dangle earrings that are 1.21ctw (also slightly out of budget), maybe she'll turn them into studs for you?
http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/galler...angle-earrings-in-rose-gold.html#.VG02APnF_Jc

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Keep it simple either stick with GOG or IDJ (47th Street) and get the best Cut stones you can in a simple martini friction back setting. White flash is terrific but if you want to go face to face stay with GOG. I would hold off on the jackets till later on. She is graduating college and every girl would die for a .80 tcw studs. I would be so happy to get that type of gift. My opinnon just get great stones and hold off on the jackets (or set them in halo setting

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with Heidi...stick with studs only. Use your budget for the stones. Tell GOG you'd like them to get in some excellent cut H SI1 stones in for the studs. That is white enough and will buy you a little more size. I think studs alone are far more wearable daily than with jackets. So save jackets for another occasion.

Violetphoenix

Shiny_Rock
Try this Etsy vendor
https://www.etsy.com/listing/205252795/diamonds-with-diamond-halo-stud-earrings

Don't let the low price worries you, and on the bright side, if they're not custom made, they're returnable if you're not happy with them

I bought many items from them in the last couple years and never disappointed. Few weeks ago I also helped my bother commissioned them for a custom ring for his wife for their 20th wedding anniversary. The ring was finished in less than two weeks and the quality and craftsmanship are impeccable. Nicest and the most honest people I ever met. If you want me take some pics of the ring so you have an idea of their craftsmanship just let me know.

I also think David Klass will be able to make some custom diamond studs for you within your budget. He's very nice and patient and he can duplicate any designs. Here is a pair of my favorite studs I found on Langantiques. You might want to go to their website to get clearer pics. David certainly can make these. Yes, he made something for me recently and I cannot stop gushing to him how happy I am!

Nope, i'm not in the trade nor I'm trying to help boosting anybody businesses. I learned about DK on this forum. These PSers know jewelries! They will chime in and help anyone and everyone. I'm also a newbie here and am quite shy! I'm just slowly learning to post some comments to help out newer newbies whenever I can. Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!

_24416.jpg

_24417.jpg

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
If you like the IDJ jackets (and I do - they are a beautiful shape) ask Yekutiel what he can do for you in terms of studs to fit them. He might be able to find you a pair in budget and that will fit the jackets perfectly. I bought my diamond huggies there a few months ago and the process couldn't have been easier. They are great people. So helpful.

Personally, if it were me I would put all my budget into the studs and I would buy old cut stones but not everyone is me. I would get the jackets as a later gift - Christmas, anniversary etc.

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
IDjewelry will also make the jackets to fit your studs. I just commissioned these jackets for 6mm studs and was told they will take about two weeks to make. I am sure they will have some studs that will work for you once you give them your budget.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Second time I am respoonding why so wanting to spend your money on a combo. I am just getting ready to get jackets after two stud upgrades. When I was just out of college I just wanted simple studs Had no place really to wear jackets and for $950 you can give them to her as a gift later on. trust me she will be so much happier if you get her great cut .80 from GOG or IDJ> I know we seem pushy but we are all diamond enthusiasts that actually have experience wearing them and enjoying them. we may all have different taste and color and clarity tolerance levels but we all seem to agree that you should spend it all on the studs and save jackets for later.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
heididdl|1416532318|3787669 said:
Second time I am respoonding why so wanting to spend your money on a combo. I am just getting ready to get jackets after two stud upgrades. When I was just out of college I just wanted simple studs Had no place really to wear jackets and for $950 you can give them to her as a gift later on.... all seem to agree that you should spend it all on the studs and save jackets for later.

Adding my voice to this. I'm on my 4th pair of diamond stud earrings. I really craved jackets after the 3rd pair but held off and purchased larger earrings instead. The jacket look is very blingy which is great! but get the forever size before you start picking accessories. I'd much rather have $2000USD studs which weigh in at around 1 ctw than 2/3 ctw studs plus jackets. Jackets are a dress it up thing. Studs are an everyday thing.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Since you have the great luck of proximity in working locally with GOG already, I would just get studs from GOG for the gift and get jackets for a later gift.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the other ladies. Spending half your budget on the jackets isn't the best way to do this. You then only have $1000 to buy a pair of diamonds at 5mm each? That simply isn't going to work. You'd have to get smaller jackets and smaller studs, and then you just end up with little studs that look like cluster earrings. In that case, you may as well buy cluster earrings.

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-earrings/flower-cluster-diamond-earrings-875.htm

ryan516

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all the feedback. I spoke to Lunna at ID Jewlery and was quoted 1350 for h color s1 clarity 1ctw diamond studs and 850 for the jackets. I am still debating whether to purchase these or to purchase a pair of high quality studs. At 2,000 is it even possible to get a decent pair of certified studs close to 1cttw?

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ryan516|1416584257|3787946 said:
Thank you for all the feedback. I spoke to Lunna at ID Jewlery and was quoted 1350 for h color s1 clarity 1ctw diamond studs and 850 for the jackets. I am still debating whether to purchase these or to purchase a pair of high quality studs. At 2,000 is it even possible to get a decent pair of certified studs close to 1cttw?

YES, as I said earlier, call Leslie at BGD and tell her your budget.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ryan516|1416584257|3787946 said:
The lower you go with color and clarity, the closer you can get to 1ctw for 2K. If GOG is local to you so is IDJ so I'd suggest to go in and see the certed and uncerted stones in your budget. That way you can be sure which color and clarity combo you're happy with at each ctw.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would even drop your colour to I colour stones & even take a look at J colour for studs. It can be done for your budget. I would just stick with ID for your project. While other vendors have beautiful stones, they don't lower budget prices. While I have purchased from about 7-8 vendors on this site, I think for $2000 budget you should stick with ID Jewelry. I would also stay with 5mm stones & not lower the size of the jacket. All the best.

Judy

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would absolutely buy the best quality diamonds I could and put the full $2000 into the studs for now. There are plenty of other occasions you can give her jackets. It is rare that I'd ever wear jackets. Studs alone can be worn with sweats or an evening gown!

Tell him you want GIA Excellent cut with great idealscope images, and I SI1 in the largest he can do with the setting for $2000 (or whatever your absolute max is. Then tell him to please measure the finished studs and keep a record on file so when you are ready to order jackets in the future, they will know the exact size to make them!

ryan516

Rough_Rock
Thank's everyone. I ended up ditching the jackets and bought a very nice pair of H color Si1 clarity .9ct tw diamond studs for 1,700 from GOG. When the time is right I will buy the jackets from ID Jewelry.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results