shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond is Loose in Setting! - Jewelers in the Princeton/Bucks County Areas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
I have had my engagment ring for 2 months and on Sunday I noticed that the diamond is loose in the setting. It''s in a 4 prong solitaire setting and when I gently touch the edge of the diamond, it twists in the setting pretty significantly. Obviously, I have stopped wearing the ring, which I am a little bummed about, but of course I am thankful I realized before I lost the stone. Unfortunately, my fiance got it at Good Old Gold and I live in Bucks County (he lives near Princeton, NJ). I really don''t wanna ship my ring back to them. Can anyone recommed any jewelers in my area that I can go to for repairs? I do not have a jeweler that I go to or anything like that.... Also, what should I expect when I go in - will they charge me (that is not a big deal)... will they ask my to leave my ring there? I would LOVE if they can just do it on the spot and I can watch them, but I don''t know if that is how they do it. I feel a little weird just asking somewhere random to fix my ring, but maybe it is no big deal. If you have any recommendations or experience with this let me know!!

Thanks
28.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d check the resources here on the site. you can go to your state and see what jewelers are in your area that others have recommended.

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
I **think** you may simply need your prongs tightened.

From what I''ve read here,........ Some people have commented they were able to turn their stones. Others would hear a slight rattle with movement of their hand. And that''s all it was. Just the prongs needed tightening.

Sometimes it''s just the metal settling in on the stone. Some prongs need to be "work hardened" I think was the phase a Smith posted here.

It should be no big deal. You should have your prongs checked at least 1x or 2x a year anyway. Any jeweler will do a thorough cleaning, prong check/tightening if needed, and polish. Some will charge a nominal fee. Others will provide the service for free to get you to come back to their shop.

I know how you feel tho. Looking for someone to do your work. To handle your "Precious". We moved a couple of years ago and I am still going thru the process of finding a jeweler I''m comfortable working with. It''s almost worse than finding a new Doctor or Dentist!
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Take it to Hamilton Jewelers in Princeton.
92 Naussau Street
609- 683-4200
Have had great experiences with them. HTH, good luck!!!

Thanks Kaleigh! Yes, I have walked by Hamilton Jewelers many, many times in Princeton. I will be stopping by there today to check it out!
36.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If the Hamilton Jewelers place becomes a problem, I have an office across the steeet from the Willow Grove Naval Airbase. We have quite a large repair facility there which does work primarily for major chains, but I can assist you with this kind of issue, too. Just as long as it works out oaky, is primary.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results