shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond is flat

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

coloredfancies

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,

Just wondering if this diamond can be set on a ring. It is only 0.18 ct and the seller says that it is quite flat. I was thinking of setting it with a halo. Any thoughts please?

purplish pink pear.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
that table area looks fairly dead...is that how the stone looks in general? i would think you COULD set it, but would you want to?

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes, sure it can be set..., do you have the measurements?
Some people love these type of stones...

Can you post a profile shot?

klavigne

Shiny_Rock
Thats stone has some cool colors. It can be set, sure why not. But how do you want it set. I believe the indusrty calls these "chips", I''ve seen them set in dangly type earings before, don''t remember where though.
Very Pretty Stone though, let us know what you decide!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those can make really nice stones to dangle off the ends of some dangly earrings. For a ring, I''d want to make sure with some more pics that the stone sparkles the way I want it to. It looks like the center could act like a huge window, which is fine if that''s the look you prefer. I don''t see why the stone couldn''t be halo''d, but you might have to go custom - unless you can find a halo setting that would accomodate that size stone.

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
I agree with the idea of making a nice pendant...I think it would look nice that way!!

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2006 3:46:04 PM
Author: Mara
that table area looks fairly dead...is that how the stone looks in general? i would think you COULD set it, but would you want to?

On this one, I totally agree with Mara.

The center of the stone is windowed out. This is most likely due to the fact that the depth is way too shallow. I think this is what the person who told you it is flat means.

The edges show a nice pink color, but the center appears lifeless in your photo. Does the photo appear the way it does to your eye in person?

See if you can photograph the stone "bottom" up. It may have a better appearance that way.

The resultant appearance of how a stone looks in the face up position can be affected by how it is set.

The idea for this one is to set it so it looks as pink as possible - hopefully uniformly through the stone.

Rockdoc

coloredfancies

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys!!! I have decided not to purchase it. The color is really nice but thinking about the "window" that some of you have mentioned made me realize that the color saturation might not be so good once it has been set. Thanks again for all your help. Time to search again for another great colored stone.

35.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2006 9:20:54 AM
Author: coloredfancies
Thanks guys!!! I have decided not to purchase it. The color is really nice but thinking about the ''window'' that some of you have mentioned made me realize that the color saturation might not be so good once it has been set. Thanks again for all your help. Time to search again for another great colored stone.

35.gif
very wise choice.
2.gif

best of luck in your search!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results