shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Industries (singapore) diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Markus

Rough_Rock
Hi, I just bought a diamond ring (white gold setting) from Diamond Industries in Singapore at SGD2220 (USD1332) with the following specs. It comes with GIA certification. I would appreciate if any diamond experts out there can comment whether this is a good buy. Thanks

0.45carat
depth:62.3%
table:59%
girdle:medium, faceted
culet:none
polish and symmetry: both very good
clarity: vs1
color:G
fluorescence: none

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Cant comment much about the cut without the pavilion and crown angles which wont be on a GIA cert. Did you use an idealscope to look at the diamond before buying?

sentosa

Rough_Rock
I couldn''t agree more with tomatoe. In my search so far, jewellers have piled me with info on colour, clarity and of course, SIZE. But almost none of them mentioned anything about the cut.
14.gif

In the meantime, I''m still looking around for mine .........
36.gif

joemok

Rough_Rock
Oh dear,

Daimond industries doesn''t have a good repute on this forum.
Perhaps you should bring it to a gemologist for an appraisal?
23.gif

Also, for the price you paid...seeing that its not a H&A - you could have gotten a larger one for that price. At least 0.5ct I''d bet.
7.gif

Anyway, shop around next time before commiting.

+++++++++++++++
Singapore - Upp Bukit Timah
35.gif

starfire

Shiny_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 152px">Date: 11/2/2004 10:16:46 AM
Author: sentosa
I couldn''t agree more with tomatoe. In my search so far, jewellers have piled me with info on colour, clarity and of course, SIZE. But almost none of them mentioned anything about the cut.
14.gif

In the meantime, I''m still looking around for mine .........
36.gif
Interesting that almost no one talked to you about cut. For us this is the SINGLE most important factor in a diamond. Colour, clarity and size is determined by nature, but only CUT is determined by the man.

A D colour flawless diamond will look lifeless if cut poorly. However, even an M colour P1 diamond will look beautifully glittery if the CUT is of excellent quality.

Until you get an excellent cut, forget the other 3Cs.

One note: if you focus on price to the exclusion of all else (which certain low-end price-cutting chain stores do in Singapore), you get what you pay for. You can not pay $1 and expect to get something worth $10. This is economically impossible.

Best regards,
Stephen Tan
Charlotte Atelier

joemok

Rough_Rock
Just out of Curiosity Stephen,

What can SGD$2,000/- get us from Gabrielle?

starfire

Shiny_Rock
Hi Joe,

It wouldn''t be appropriate for us to post prices in the forum. If you are in Ngee Ann City or Suntec City, you are very welcome to drop in to take a look at the Gabrielles and learn more about the prices.

Thank you for your interest!

Best regards,
Stephen Tan
Charlotte Atelier

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results