shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond in the rough?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Well I was at the doctor''s office today and while in the waiting room came across a magazine ad for a jewelry collection called "Diamond in the rough." They use rough diamonds in rings, pendants, etc. Has anyone seen one of these IRL? THey look interesting but I''d be tempted to just take the rough diamond out, have it cut and made SPARKLY! what do u guys think?

http://diamondintherough.com/

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it could be cut into a stone it wouldn''t be sold too you uncut.
The price difference is too high to make it possible.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
oh, i didnt know this. I think some of these "rough" diamonds look like chewed up old gum, not so attractive IMO

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 12:02:22 AM
Author: DMBsGirl
oh, i didnt know this. I think some of these ''rough'' diamonds look like chewed up old gum, not so attractive IMO
they are usually crushed up for industrial use.

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 12:02:22 AM
Author: DMBsGirl
oh, i didnt know this. I think some of these ''rough'' diamonds look like chewed up old gum, not so attractive IMO
I agree, DMB. No roughs for me, I''ll take cut sparklies thank you.
2.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, I dunno ... a lot of rough diamonds have their own charm. The problem is that they''re a lot tougher to mass-produce than finished goods: you need decent looking *rough* to start with. And good designs ... these people, yeesh. They make the DeBeers Talisman line look good ....

Nicki

Shiny_Rock
I''ve seen rocks in my yard that look nicer than those diamonds. Ick. I wouldn''t imagine cutting most of those stones would result in anything you''d actually want.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/27/2007 3:59:39 AM
Author: Circe
Oh, I dunno ... a lot of rough diamonds have their own charm. The problem is that they''re a lot tougher to mass-produce than finished goods: you need decent looking *rough* to start with. And good designs ... these people, yeesh. They make the DeBeers Talisman line look good ....
So true!!!

I saw a gorgeously unique (plain) rough Diamond pendant designed by Elsa Perreti...
It consisted of one rather large smooth (10 - 20 cts+/-) rough Diamond of exceptional quality attached by a silk cord only!

It was plain and beautiful!

I think you can find an image in Tiffany''s "blue book" from 2001-2002...

Funnily, she named it too "Diamond in the Rough"

If someone can find and post an image..., its worth the effort!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
When I was working as a jewellery designer, my boss and I wanted to do pendants with diamond "dust", we were very disappointed with the results - it was not at all sparkly like we thougt it might be.
15.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results