shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Huggies - Please Help!

Malbec54

Shiny_Rock
Expert PS'ers,

I really need help selecting a vendor for diamond huggies. I've searched posts and know that WhiteFlash, BGD, and IDJ all make 2 cttw huggies...HOWEVER, there is a significant difference in price between the three of them, and I'm really torn.

My e-ring from BGD should be ready by next week, and while I would like to keep all of my business there---the huggies are at the high end. I read that BGD sends their 1.5 and 2 ct. huggies out, which might account for their price point, but I don't want to assume.
Whiteflash seems to use the same color/clarity of diamonds as BGD at an attractive price point, so what gives?

If anyone has any insight on the craftmanship of said huggies (BGD, WF, IDJ), could you please respond?

Thanks Ladies...and Gents!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Enerchi!

When I was looking at hoops, the prices were lower at WF, so I went with theirs over BG. I do believe they are totally equal in quality. Many people here choose to go with IDJ to save money as the diamonds are not super-ideal and they usually use SI1 diamonds in jewelry pieces like this. I just wanted top quality earrings with zero possible regrets, so it was worth it to me to pay for the WhiteFlash hoops. They are gorgeous, sparkly white diamonds and the settings are perfectly done. So you can see pictures of the sizes I tried on my thread, but I did not try the 2 ct size. I got the 1.5 ctw pair. Let me know if you have further questions!

Malbec54

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for posting that thread Enerchi; and DS also -- for taking the time to share your photos and experience with WF. They look beautiful on you, but now the question is 1.5 or 2?

DS: I love how you mentioned that the 1.5 was no problem while you were on the phone. I'm on and off the phone at work, and it's definitely a concern as I will be wearing them every day. Do you have any thoughts on the 2, despite not having tried them on?

OneCatOneDog

Rough_Rock
I'll chime in on the IDJ huggies. I have them in the 2.5ctw size, and they have had about 7 months of almost constant wear. They are really high quality and solid, yet light enough for daily wear (I can't stand heavy earrings, that is totally a deal breaker for me.)

The stones are amazing, and I have compared them to a friend's ACAs and see no difference. These earrings are sparkly attention getters, I have never received so many compliments on a piece of jewelry.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Malbec54|1357244474|3346565 said:
Thank you for posting that thread Enerchi; and DS also -- for taking the time to share your photos and experience with WF. They look beautiful on you, but now the question is 1.5 or 2?

DS: I love how you mentioned that the 1.5 was no problem while you were on the phone. I'm on and off the phone at work, and it's definitely a concern as I will be wearing them every day. Do you have any thoughts on the 2, despite not having tried them on?

I think they would be quite similar, actually. I do not think the extra size would affect using the phone. But if you use the phone a lot, I might be concerned about wear on the earrings more than anything else. I am going to put mine on now so I can think about the phone issue!

Okay, I put them on and the phone does touch the earring when I put it up to my ear. I think if I were going to be on the phone a lot I might find a solution such as a headset that wouldn't hit the earrings. It doesn't cause any discomfort to me to use the phone at all. But I just wouldn't want repeated hitting of my earring with the phone on a daily basis.

Shimmer45

Rough_Rock
OneCatOneDog, Can you post a picture of your diamond huggies. I would love to see them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results