shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Hoops--WF or Diamonds by Lauren

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nola82

Rough_Rock
What do people think between these two options:

1 ct hoops from WF:
http://www.whiteflash.com/golden-wardrobe/gold_details.aspx?ItemCode=666&CategID=54#

1.09 ct hoops from Diamonds by Lauren:
http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/diamond-hoop-earrings-109ct-tw-single-common-prong-design-14kt-white-gold-r3261

Differences (as far as I can tell):
The diamonds used by Diamonds by Lauren are smaller (.03) than those used by WF (.05).
The hoops from Diamonds by Lauren are larger (1 inch diameter) than those from WF (about a .75 inch diameter).
Color and clarity are both higher on the diamonds from Diamonds by Lauren than from WF.

I really appreciate everyone''s suggestions and thoughts!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Hmm tough one...personally, I would prefer bigger diamonds and a smaller diameter, so I would go for the WF ones. But that''s a matter of taste, they''re both gorgeous. Maybe have a look at return policies/upgrade policies or whatever is important to you and choose the vendor based on that if you can''t decide between the earrings.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I'm wearing my DBL hoops right now (but then I usually am) and I absolutely love them. They are pretty much the nicest earrings I have.

I particularly like the way they fasten, you have to click a tiny clip to take them out, so they are very secure. I find them really comfortable to wear, too.

They sparkle at least as much as my ACAs, and I have had so many compliments on them.

My suggestion, based on what I own, would be go for the DBL, I think they're fabulous quality!

(I love my hoops...).
9.gif

Jen

ETA I am hoping they make a pink diamond pair, and I would buy them in a heartbeat.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2010 7:32:23 PM
Author: MC
I''d order both and compare them in person
2.gif
Yes, as long as there is a very good return policy, this isa great idea! And then take photos and post them here
4.gif

stci

Ideal_Rock
My fav are WhiteFlash. Bigger diamonds and smaller hoops. For the clarity, I think nobody can see the difference at this size.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2010 9:45:16 PM
Author: dreamer_d

2.gif
Yes, as long as there is a very good return policy, this isa great idea! And then take photos and post them here
4.gif
Be careful DBL is only seven day return and you have to call them for return RMA.

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
Personally I would get the DBL earrings. I like the size of them better and I admit I love seeing a picture of the actual piece I will buy instead of a stock photo. But obviously that is a preference thing. Of course you could get both and see which you like in person if you can''t decide.

nola82

Rough_Rock
Thank you to everyone for their responses. Looks like it's pretty split right now.

Does the fact that I'll be getting these for my fiancee as a wedding present affect anyone's opinions at all (perhaps one is more suitable than the other for such an occasion)?

Would the higher color grade of the DBL diamonds make for a visible difference?

Also, here's a thread on the WF hoops in case anyone would like to see what they look like once purchased: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diamond-hoop-earrings.99779/

Thanks again!

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2010 9:09:56 AM
Author: nola82
Thank you to everyone for their responses. Looks like it''s pretty split right now.

Does the fact that I''ll be getting these for my fiancee as a wedding present affect anyone''s opinions at all (perhaps one is more suitable than the other for such an occasion)?

Thanks again!
For me the color difference *does* make a difference. I am color sensitive and after seeing the difference between my H/I and my E/F diamonds I can say I would want the better color. I wear 3 sets of small studs (talking 4 points, 8 points and 10 points). The smallest two are both E in color and the larger is F in color. When looking at diamond earrings I couldn''t go below a G. H+ is where I start noticing yellow and while I love warmer diamond in general, I do not favor them at all in earrings for some reason. For me personally I do not like H-I-J colors. They are too yellow but not yelllow enough if that makes sense.

SI isn''t always eyeclean either, but I am not sure personally how good WF SIs are. One of my studs is an SI2 and I can see the inclusion in the right lighting. One is an SI1 and I have to look closely. The other 4 are all in the VVS2-VS2 range and I can see a difference, but for earrings for some reason that doesn''t bother me because no one really looks at earrings upclose. Hopefully someone who has earrings like that from WF could say how good they are.

So if it were me the difference with the color would be my biggest, I can''t say that clarity would be a driving force for me to pick though. Since you asked, yes the color would be enough for me to choose. Again I am color sensitive though and really do want colorless diamonds for my earrings.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/9/2010 12:15:31 AM
Author: ChunkyCushionLover

2.gif

4.gif
Be careful DBL is only seven day return and you have to call them for return RMA.

Hi everyone
There''s been a lot of discussion about return policies lately, and I wanted to clarify this aspect: We do ask that people call us before sending back a return. The reason is that the shipping of diamonds and jewelry requires some specific procedures that not everyone is familiar with. When people call we can make sure shipping is done properly. Just one example- it''s very important never to use the word "diamond" in an address. This might seem like common sense, but it''s better to clarify something that might seem obvious before someone makes a mistake.

Also- in cases where additional time past 7 days is needed, we have always extended the money back period. If someone wanted to purchase and compare we''d be glad to extend the 7 days
Thanks for bringing this up CCL- the wording on the site needs to be cleaned up to explain this better.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2010 6:18:05 PM
Author: Porridge
Hmm tough one...personally, I would prefer bigger diamonds and a smaller diameter, so I would go for the WF ones. But that''s a matter of taste, they''re both gorgeous. Maybe have a look at return policies/upgrade policies or whatever is important to you and choose the vendor based on that if you can''t decide between the earrings.
Me too.
5.gif

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I think the larger the hoop, the narrower it can be while still sparkling the better.

If I was picking hoops, I''d go for the slightly smaller diameter, if I was picking huggies, I''d want significantly bigger diamonds. Does that make sense?
1.gif

I think either would make a wonderful wedding gift, I would have been thrilled to receive diamond hoops! Personally, I''d still favour the DBL pair, since I just think they look a little bit more special and they are very white (but I haven''t seen the WF hoops in person).

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

2.gif
4.gif
Yes, definetly post photos. We like those A LOT! lol

IF DBL only has a 7-day return policy, I''d be hesitant to buy from that company. In fact, unless I was 100% certain what I was ordering was exactly what I wanted, I wouldn''t order from any co. with that short of a return. With my WF jewelry, I ordered exactly what I wanted and those items had a 10-day policy. That I felt comfortable with since they sent asset photos AND I had tried the exact size IN PERSON before buying online.

Oh, and I just scanned down and read that DBL will extend beyond that 7 day for an additional 7 day. Sounds like a great deal as long as you can play that around when you plan to give the earrings to your wife-to-be.

Sorry I can''t give an opinion on the hoops/sizing, themselves, since they''re not my style, but can say both vendors have a great reputation. I do have small diamonds around the same size that are G/H (sent as a palm tree pendant) and they look as bright/white as my F stones
2.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2010 9:09:56 AM
Thank you to everyone for their responses. Looks like it''s pretty split right now.

Does the fact that I''ll be getting these for my fiancee as a wedding present affect anyone''s opinions at all (perhaps one is more suitable than the other for such an occasion)?

Also, here''s a thread on the WF hoops in case anyone would like to see what they look like once purchased: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diamond-hoop-earrings.99779/

Thanks again!
the WF hoops are beautiful. Keep in mind that if your FI has different size earlobes, the hoops will look different on her!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I think I like these best, actually. I know that David talked about making these with pink diamonds and I will be all over them when he does. Such a pretty setting.

Your fiance is going to be thrilled!

nola82

Rough_Rock
Thanks Ms. Mitchell. I really like those last ones as well, but am concerned that they might be a bit too small (5/8 inch diameter). Ladies, perhaps you can better educate me on this--what would you consider to be "too small" for hoops?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like those first ones from DBL.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2010 10:35:06 AM
Thanks Ms. Mitchell. I really like those last ones as well, but am concerned that they might be a bit too small (5/8 inch diameter). Ladies, perhaps you can better educate me on this--what would you consider to be ''too small'' for hoops?
I personally would think that size to be really attractive, but it''s personal preference. You could always ask David to take an earshot of the two, if that would help? The bigger pair pack a real punch, while the smaller diameter looks just so elegant.

Honestly, if I''d opened a box with either pair on my wedding day, I would have been beyond thrilled!
2.gif

I had a thread a while back when I got my hoops - there are a few pics and some ear shots (sorry, I''m not a fantastic photographer, but you''ll get the idea). Mine are the larger size. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-diamond-hoops.126230/

Hope this helps.

Jen

nola82

Rough_Rock

ms.halo

Shiny_Rock
I personally like the smaller pair that you most recently posted. Elegant and sparkly = yum!

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
I admit to being torn between the two smaller DBL earrings. I would probably ask David if he could take some side by side shots of both pairs to see if either stands out to you as a clear winner. I would love either pair myself though.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2010 1:15:52 PM
Author: Mrs Mitchell

Date: 3/10/2010 10:35:06 AM
Thanks Ms. Mitchell. I really like those last ones as well, but am concerned that they might be a bit too small (5/8 inch diameter). Ladies, perhaps you can better educate me on this--what would you consider to be 'too small' for hoops?
I personally would think that size to be really attractive, but it's personal preference. You could always ask David to take an earshot of the two, if that would help? The bigger pair pack a real punch, while the smaller diameter looks just so elegant.

Honestly, if I'd opened a box with either pair on my wedding day, I would have been beyond thrilled!
2.gif

I had a thread a while back when I got my hoops - there are a few pics and some ear shots (sorry, I'm not a fantastic photographer, but you'll get the idea). Mine are the larger size. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-diamond-hoops.126230/

Hope this helps.

Jen
I'm pretty sure I've seen one of David's ear shots. I have this image in my mind that I will never forget!

nola82

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/25/2010 11:51:49 AM
Author: clgwli
I admit to being torn between the two smaller DBL earrings. I would probably ask David if he could take some side by side shots of both pairs to see if either stands out to you as a clear winner. I would love either pair myself though.

Jean, thanks for chiming in. My concern with the larger of the small DBL earrings is that it looks as though it might show a little more metal than I would like. I really like the look of the smallest DBL earrings--they appear to really "pop"--but am not sure how many of the diamonds would be covered by my fiancee''s earlobe. I''ve asked David for some side-by-side and possibly ear shots. Hopefully those will help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results