Diamond Grading Process at AGSL: New Series by Bryan Boyne

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Re: Diamond Grading Process at AGSL: New Series by Bryan Boy

MelisendeDiamonds|1409350452|3741706 said:
Texas Leaguer|1409321925|3741376 said:
Tekate|1409316585|3741295 said:
This is a great article.. I am not a fan of princess, just preference, but my sister in law is a princessnut.. so I sent the pointer to her.. thank you so much for taking the time to do this.

:clap: :clap:
Thank you for the compliment Tekate, and thank you for passing the link on. I hope your sister in law finds the info useful.

I have to echo what Tekate said Bryan well done article, you are raising the bar for the level of technical detail and explanations for a pricescope article. It is one of the best I have read in quite a while.

I would however kindly request that you add references and footnotes to the article. I would like to know the sources of the information, whether they be private communications with senior lab members, published work from AGSL or work done by Whiteflash I think it is prudent to cite your sources in each paragraph and the figures it lends credibility.

In any case well done submission I thank you it was very informative.
Thank you Haroutioun. I will certainly take your suggestion to heart. Not being a professional writer I will need to go back to school and learn the proper ways to do that.

For the record, as mentioned in the lead-in I received substantial assistance from Peter Yantzer on the technical aspects of the article, and Rachel Stark at the AGSL prepared some nice graphics for the piece. The more subjective statements in the article about the market are my own personal opinions as someone who has been in the jewelry business almost as long as the princess cut has been around. :o

Thanks again for your comments and suggestions.

EmmaStan

Rough_Rock

Great article! Really helpful

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade

EmmaStan|1411585252|3756475 said:
Great article! Really helpful
Thank you kindly. Glad you found it helpful.

MelisendeDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Texas Leaguer|1409351904|3741716 said:
Thank you Haroutioun. I will certainly take your suggestion to heart. Not being a professional writer I will need to go back to school and learn the proper ways to do that.

These guidelines should help you to properly cite your sources for your article and I think it is a relatively easy task in your case.

https://web.archive.org/web/2004062...emsandgemology/363/guidelines_for_authors.cfm
Look at the paragraph under the references section for examples.

I think it is important to formally cite which opinions and research were provided by the laboratory and differentiate those paragraphs from your own opinions. Failing to do so is a form of plagiarism.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade

MelisendeDiamonds|1414422936|3773337 said:
Texas Leaguer|1409351904|3741716 said:

These guidelines should help you to properly cite your sources for your article and I think it is a relatively easy task in your case.

https://web.archive.org/web/2004062...emsandgemology/363/guidelines_for_authors.cfm
Look at the paragraph under the references section for examples.

I think it is important to formally cite which opinions and research were provided by the laboratory and differentiate those paragraphs from your own opinions. Failing to do so is a form of plagiarism.
Thank you. I will have a look at it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results