shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond from Blue Nile

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tjh27

Rough_Rock
Does this seem correct.

Had Blue Nile send me a round brilliant diamond

GIA Cert.
1.5 CW
G Color
SI1 Clarity
Depth 61.2
Table 56
Polish vg
sym ex
girdle thin to md
measures 7.33 7.38 x 4.5

Recieved the diamond and wanted to enter info into HCA. Called BN to obtain a sarin report. I thought they have these reports. The service rep said they will check to see if one exists and will get back to me in a week. The thing is I will have to return the diamond back before this time or buy it. Shouldn''t they have one on file?

Thank you

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
Shouldn't they have one on file?
----------------
Not necessary at all.

I can imagine how much headache they have with Pricescope folks
3.gif

optimized

Shiny_Rock
Hi tjh,

Although the GIA does do Sarin analyses for their own internal use on all stones they grade, they don't provide them to retailers as a rule. So, for a dealer to have a Sarin report for a diamond requires them to obtain it from another source. Many dealers do go to the trouble of getting Sarin or Megascope reports for their diamonds (or will have them scanned upon request), but it's by no means the norm within the industry. I think that as consumers get more savvy the industry may be forced to provide more information for their products, but as of now that isn't the case.

Hope this helps.

-Tim

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results