shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond experts - your opinions please

tank

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,

I would love you hear your expert opinions of this diamond.

The price is right, so if it gets a tick of approval here I will more than likely buy it.
My main concern is the color. I don't really want to see any tint - and I'm not sure if it will or won't be noticeable in a diamond of this size.

Carat: 0.89
Cut: AGS 0 (ideal)
Symmetry: AGS 0 (ideal)
Polish: AGS 0 (ideal)
Color: I
Clarity: VS1
55.8% table + 61.8% depth
HCA: 1.5
Dimensions: 6.17 x 6.20 x 3.82 mm

Diamond:
diamond_8.jpg

Ideal scope:
idealscope_4.jpg

Aset:
aset_7.jpg

Thanks,
Chris

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
With an ideal cut I - you should not see any color. How are you going to set it? That can make a difference as well.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think that it looks really good! Have you seen the stone in person? If not, can you go to a local store and look at some stones with similar specs in an I color and and see what you think? If you are color sensitive you may see a hint of color. I had an I cushion cut stone and I saw no color in it, but I am not extremely color sensitive.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stone images look great but definitely get to a B&M store and check out the colours they have. You may or may not be sensitive to an I stone. Is this for you or for someone else? If it is for someone else, do you know if THEY are sensitive to colour? because if not... I'd say get it!

tank

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies everyone. You've made me a bit more comfortable with the I color.

@Amys Bling - This is the setting I'm considering: http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/diamond-settings/tiffany-style-bead-set-diamond-engagement-ring-1006.htm

@yennyfire - No, I haven't seen it as I'm in Australia and the diamond is in the US. I have asked the vendor to send me some more photos (especially the side view, looking through the pavilion). I have been to several local stores, but they don't have a very good range of diamonds on show.

@Enerchi - Thanks! Unfortunately there are no B&M stores here in Australia. This is for my g/f and I don't acutally know if she's ultra colour sensitive or not. I've sacrificed some color for size. I could get a slightly smaller stone in a G/H, but I really want the size.

Looking at the setting above, do you think an I colored diamond would look ok with F/G side stones?

Thanks again!

Ravinmad

Shiny_Rock
whats the center stone budget? That is a very clean looking diamond.

tank

Rough_Rock
Ravinmad|1332203543|3152471 said:
whats the center stone budget? That is a very clean looking diamond.

My budget is $5000. Thanks.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nice well cut stone.. :love: as for the color only you can decide if it is white enough for you.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Once it is set... at this size, you will be hard pressed to see anything but AMAZING LIGHT RETURN! It's a lovely stone. Have it sent to you and see what you think.

bagelboy

Shiny_Rock
I agree with Gypsy, once set color is hard to determine. I also selected an I color stone for my wife's ring, it always looks very white to me. It sparkles like crazy and that is what everyone sees. Nobody has every noticed any color tint, she gets compliments all the time.The rule of thumb for sidestones or melee is no more than 2 color grades difference, F/G is pretty standard for higher end rings.I would not worry about that either. It will look very beautiful on your girl's hand and I am sure she will gets tons of compliments! Good Luck on your proposal! :wavey:

tank

Rough_Rock
Good morning all,

Just a quick update before I head off to the office.

I received some more images of the diamond overnight. While I can see the color in it, I don't think it will be obvious once set.

Glam_edited.jpg

Culet_edited.jpg

I'm going to take it!

Thanks again for all of your replies. Made me much more comfortable about buying an I.

Chris

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results